Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thomas More Camp

Featured Replies

Does JV also pay an entry fee? That could be one reason. I know a couple of schools have smaller teams and my not have enough players to have two teams. Some teams may have girls playing AAU or on vacations so they may be playing their jv players with their varsity to fill the bench.

 

Now I have a question.....looking over the schedule I noticed that there are a couple of games where two teams meet up for the second time, for example, NewCath palyed Mercy on Monday and they will play again on Thursday and the same goes for St Pat and Conner. With 20 teams in the camp, why would any teams have to play each other twice?

 

I know that Conner played St Pat twice last week at Cooper and I would think they would want to get a chance to play some different competition for their money.

 

In looking at the entry list, some teams are not there for every day. That's probably the reason there are some repeat games. Without them some teams would have an "open" slot if they are there every day and it's probably better to play repeats than to not play at all.

In looking at the entry list, some teams are not there for every day. That's probably the reason there are some repeat games. Without them some teams would have an "open" slot if they are there every day and it's probably better to play repeats than to not play at all.

 

Even at that, there are 14 varsity teams that are there every night and since each team is playing 8 games total there should still be more than enough teams that you wouldn't play the same team twice and on the nights that there are more than 14 teams the pool would be bigger, lessening the chances of a repeat.

I'm sure it's not easy scheduling the games for the week, but it seems there should be a way to avoid repeat games.

Some match-ups would be way too lop-sided so playing a team twice would be more beneficial to every team involved. I also know for a fact, in the past, that some schools have swapped/backed-out of games so they don't play teams within their district.

 

Bottom-line, it's camp and means nothing more than getting on the floor for a bit of summer hoops and to get a taste.

Edited by Crunch-time
spelling

I see what you mean by the lop-sided match-ups, but since it is summer camp do you really know who has what? There were teams there I thought would be tougher competition but with AAU, vacations, etc. they weren't the copmpetition I thought they'd be.

 

On another note, if I had a team that wasn't considered "weak" I would welcome the chance to play a "strong" to get my players the experience of playing tougher teams. Summer camp would be the time since it doesn't really count for anything.

 

If you notice just about everybody agrees that you can't really judge a team during summer camp due to the other obligations and activities of players who aren't playing in some match-ups with their school team.

 

With that said, were there any big blow-outs at Thomas More? Games where a team won by more than 20 or 25 points?

I hear you #5 and like I said I am a Stamm fan as are you, but here is how it works at the bigger schools-you win and all is good you lose and you are going to hear about it. A huge jump from Ludlow to Conner. Excuses aren't allowed.

 

You might need to pay more attention in Ludlow then. Coaches at Ludlow definitely have heard about it when they have not won. Actually the fan base in Ludlow is really tough on the coaches, when things aren't going well.

 

I think Coach Stamm and staff will do a great job at Conner, and that the fan base their will be very happy with them. :thumb:

Sorta scratching my head here as to why Highlands isnt participating. They have been attending for the last 4 yrs that I know of but not this yr. Could have been good experience for a very young team.

Sorta scratching my head here as to why Highlands isnt participating. They have been attending for the last 4 yrs that I know of but not this yr. Could have been good experience for a very young team.

 

Probably had to do with the coach having a baby would be my guess. Not real sure why an assistant could not have taken over the reigns for the summer. Did they participate in any team camps and if so where?

HHS participated in Ludlow's Team Camp and had tri scrimmages with other teams. I know Walton Verona and Grant Co were at HHS one night playing them and also heard that Pendleton Co, Owen Co and Holy Cross were playing at HHS this summer. Did hear the assistants were running practices while Coach Richey was out. Wondering how HHS looked this summer with such a young team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.