Feldmann Named Bishop Brossart Head Coach

Bishop Brossart High School announced today the hiring of Josh Feldmann as the school’s new Girl’s Head Basketball Coach.

“Our committee started with 22 applicants and interviewed who we determined as the four best fits for our position and in the end we felt there was one person who stood out as the best person for our job and that was Josh Feldmann. We are very excited to have him,” exclaims Bishop Brossart Athletic Director Mel Webster. Feldmann was selected from a field that included five current head coaches, two college assistant coaches and two former head coaches. He adds “I’d like to thank the work our committee did in the selection process.”

Feldmann comes to Bishop Brossart from Highlands High School where he has been the Varsity Assistant and Junior Varsity Head Coach for the boys program since 2004. Prior to that he had been the Head Junior High Coach from 1997-2004. He took two Highlands JV teams to the Regional Championship game and amassed over 200 wins. He was involved in all aspects of the program and worked with some of the top coaches in Northern Kentucky including Willie Schlarman, Mike Flynn, Mike Code, Scott Code and John Messmer.

Bishop Brossart Head Boys Basketball Coach Mike Code points out “Josh Feldman has more than paid his dues and has a solid resume having worked with some excellent coaches in the past. Josh is both energetic and knowledgeable about the game and will be a welcomed addition to our BBHS family.”

Feldmann inherits three seniors from a 14-11 team a year ago that won the 37th District Championship, players from a freshmen team that also won the 37th District Championship and a very good incoming freshmen class that saw the majority of their players reach the finals of the Diocean Championship game as both 7th and 8th graders. He will formally meet with the team on Sunday.

Congratulations to Josh! I am very happy for him and I think BBHS will be glad he was their selection.

He relates well with young people and brings amazing energy to the program.

And yep he will coach the defense up a bit, but he has a good offensive mind to go with it.

Congrats to Josh. I am a little bummed he wont be coaching the JV this year at Highlands only because I really liked the way he got along with the kids, he is definitely a players coach.

Birds Fans wish him the best and hope he sticks around at the grade school. The kids absolutely love him as a teacher.

Josh Feldmann will fit the Lady ‘Stangs program like a glove. Over the past ten or more years he has been associated with John Messmer, Mike and Scott Code, Willie Schlarman, and most recently Mike Flynn in the Highlands boys program, serving as the Bluebirds’ junior varsity coach. He is knowledgeable in the concepts of the game and has a great personality for the job. Our girls will really enjoy playing for him.

He will be a great public relations person, visible in the community, promoting our school and the girls’ basketball program, and has the tools to back it up by getting positive results.

He joins a program presently possessing a lot of young potential talent looking to compete as a major regional contender. I am confident that he will steer the program in a positive direction and maximize the talent and potential that he has presently inherited and will secure in the future.

Josh brings hope, a new energy, and promise, to a program looking to re-capture the enthusiasm within our own school and within the feeder schools which support us, for our Lady Mustangs basketball program. He is a hard worker who will do his best to earn the confidence of those future Lady Stangs, convincing them that they will have a successful, positive experience while competing at the highest level. Josh is not shy and will make the most of having that feeder school program in his arsenal.

His personality will not let his team get too high over wins, nor too low over setbacks. He will see the big picture clearly and appreciate the opportunity he has been given to develop his own program on his own time-frame.

We welcome Josh Feldmann to our team. His smile and upbeat demeanor are assets that will win him many friends and supporters throughout what we hope will be a long and highly successful tenure here at Brossart High School.

I think this is a great hire for the girl's program. They'll get a good X and O guy as well as an advocate for the school and demand for doing things the right way. His work ethic, passion and character will be a good addition to the Brossart community.

• 2 weeks later...