Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2010/2011

Featured Replies

They were 18-10 this past year and they also won another 37th District Title (their 3rd in a row). They lost to GRC by 6 in the semifinals of the 10th Region Tournament.

 

They also have one of the best freshman teams in the area as Scott won the freshman NKY tournament.

 

I'd say last year was very much a success for Scott.

Edited by Texas Leaguer

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Was Scott's program a success this past season?

 

Not sure what there record was. I believe they went to region though. And Coach Carr is a great coach. Ive helped out with an AAU team and have had guys from multiple schools play for us (Scott, SK, Boone, Campbell, Conner, etc.) and the Scott guys come in knowing fundamentals and with knowledge of the game. That comes from a good coach. Thats all I am saying. I think a lot of people would agree with me as well.

They were 18-10 this past year and they also won another 37th District Title (their 3rd in a row). They lost to GRC by 6 in the semifinals.

 

They also have one of the best freshman teams in the area as Scott won the freshman NKY tournament.

 

I'd say last year was very much a success for Scott.

 

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was not sure about their record. But yes, I would say thats a pretty good season.

 

They also have one of the best freshman teams in the area as Scott won the freshman NKY tournament.

 

 

Who are some of the freshman to keep an eye out for (varsity minutes this year)? The 10th is loaded with some good soph-to-be talent (but a lot of them did not play freshman ball last year).

  • Author
They were 18-10 this past year and they also won another 37th District Title (their 3rd in a row). They lost to GRC by 6 in the semifinals.

 

They also have one of the best freshman teams in the area as Scott won the freshman NKY tournament.

I'd say last year was very much a success for Scott.

 

 

How did they do in the 10th region Freshman tourney? I do agree with you that Scott had a successful season last year.

How did they do in the 10th region Freshman tourney? I do agree with you that Scott had a successful season last year.

 

If I'm not mistaken, they were ousted in the semifinals by Mason.

 

Scott may or may not have had their legs in that game as they played a game the night before in a game in the NKY freshman tournament, only to have to come back the next day to play Mason County in the 10th Region Freshman tournament. They may have still lost even if they didn't play that first game but they certainly would have had fresher legs if they didn't.

Edited by Texas Leaguer

Who are some of the freshman to keep an eye out for (varsity minutes this year)? The 10th is loaded with some good soph-to-be talent (but a lot of them did not play freshman ball last year).

 

Nick Jackson will be a kid to keep an eye one. He is very good down low and he is the very reason the Scott freshman were able to take the NKY tournament and also advance to the 10th Region freshman tournament. The freshman team went 10-deep as a team as they were very evenly balanced so its hard to say who will see some varsity minutes this upcoming year. They might not contribute that much as sophomores next year but Scott will have an extremely deep team once they get another year of experience and are juniors. It looks like Scott is going to continue being successful for the next several years.

Not sure what there record was. I believe they went to region though. And Coach Carr is a great coach. Ive helped out with an AAU team and have had guys from multiple schools play for us (Scott, SK, Boone, Campbell, Conner, etc.) and the Scott guys come in knowing fundamentals and with knowledge of the game. That comes from a good coach. Thats all I am saying. I think a lot of people would agree with me as well.

 

I just read this post, and an obvious question jumped to mind. What makes you think you know fundamentals and have enough knowledge of the game yourself to decide which kids from which programs have it?

I just read this post, and an obvious question jumped to mind. What makes you think you know fundamentals and have enough knowledge of the game yourself to decide which kids from which programs have it?

 

I know fundamentals. I have been around the game for a long time and have coached and played under some very good coaches in my time. Its not hard to recognize fundamentals. And the kids I have seen, lack on them. Everyone is worried about dunking and trying to be flashy. They forgot the basics like defensive positioning, how to dribble, jump stop, how to set a proper screen, how to use the backboard on a layup, etc. You do not have to be John Wooden to recognize fundamentals. Those seem to be forgotten. Which is why basketball in this area has been suffering for a few years. Thats just my opionion anyways. I am not saying every player in NKY has no fundamentals, but from the games I have watched and the kids that I helped coach I feel as if some coaches need to do a better job. Coach Carr does a great job of that. You might have a different experience or may have a son that plays on one of the teams I mentioned, or you may even be a coach, fact of the matter is this is MY experience and the experience of many others in the area, including college coaches that I have spoken with. They know a lot about fundamentals as well.

They were 18-10 this past year and they also won another 37th District Title (their 3rd in a row). They lost to GRC by 6 in the semifinals of the 10th Region Tournament.

 

They also have one of the best freshman teams in the area as Scott won the freshman NKY tournament.

 

I'd say last year was very much a success for Scott.

 

I agree that Scott was successful as a program last year. I was referring to a post made on another thread by Kash that stated championships determine success. I disagree with that statement. Success can be measured in different ways. Championships is the ultimate barometer though.

I know fundamentals. I have been around the game for a long time and have coached and played under some very good coaches in my time. Its not hard to recognize fundamentals. And the kids I have seen, lack on them. Everyone is worried about dunking and trying to be flashy. They forgot the basics like defensive positioning, how to dribble, jump stop, how to set a proper screen, how to use the backboard on a layup, etc. You do not have to be John Wooden to recognize fundamentals. Those seem to be forgotten. Which is why basketball in this area has been suffering for a few years. Thats just my opionion anyways. I am not saying every player in NKY has no fundamentals, but from the games I have watched and the kids that I helped coach I feel as if some coaches need to do a better job. Coach Carr does a great job of that. You might have a different experience or may have a son that plays on one of the teams I mentioned, or you may even be a coach, fact of the matter is this is MY experience and the experience of many others in the area, including college coaches that I have spoken with. They know a lot about fundamentals as well.

 

Gottcha. You know a lot because you say you do.

Gottcha. You know a lot because you say you do.

 

Kinda like basketball officials.

They were 18-10 this past year and they also won another 37th District Title (their 3rd in a row). They lost to GRC by 6 in the semifinals of the 10th Region Tournament.

 

They also have one of the best freshman teams in the area as Scott won the freshman NKY tournament.

 

I'd say last year was very much a success for Scott.

 

Just for the record though, didn't their two primary district rivals' freshman teams play without their best players? I think Campbell with McGovney, and Brossart with Saunders, both who played up exclusively, might have been different teams?? Not taking anything away from the Scott frosh who had a nice team!!

Just for the record though, didn't their two primary district rivals' freshman teams play without their best players? I think Campbell with McGovney, and Brossart with Saunders, both who played up exclusively, might have been different teams?? Not taking anything away from the Scott frosh who had a nice team!!

 

That would only have applied to the 10th region Freshman Tournament and not the NKY one. Brossart and Campbell County did not compete in that one if my knowledge is correct. They won that tournament so it firmly cements them as one of the top freshman groups in NKY. It may have been a difference in the 10th region one, but it was not in the NKY Freshman Tournament.

That would only have applied to the 10th region Freshman Tournament and not the NKY one. Brossart and Campbell County did not compete in that one if my knowledge is correct. They won that tournament so it firmly cements them as one of the top freshman groups in NKY. It may have been a difference in the 10th region one, but it was not in the NKY Freshman Tournament.

 

 

Good points regarding the "NKY Freshmen Tourney", which I believe is by invitation (CovCath's) only? Not sure why BB & CC don't play in that anymore, I know BB used to get invited, and I thought Campbell used to as well? Funny how the invites cease to come when you aren't a doormat any longer?? :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.