JT Davis from Lafayette

Who has seen him play? He will be a freshman this year and is listed as 6'7". He is the son of former UK player Johnathon Davis who is a friend of mine and ironically coached by Former Cawood Trojan coach Greg Coldiron. I've only seen a couple of YouTube videos of him, but he looks pretty good for 14 years old.

I saw him play last summer in AAU in Cincy, and then when GRC played Lafayette. He is still growing and young, but the talent is there. He didn't start the game we played them, it was senior night. He did OK against the tall players of GRC and was not intimidated. He is one I look forward to keeping up with and watching the next 4 years.

I remember a thread about a young player from Lafayette winning a dunk contest, is this the same young man? I remember his father being from Florida, wearing the #33 and the specs, after he left UK did he play elsewhere?

Davis is very good for a 14 year old. He has above athletic ability and is long. Handled himself very well against varsity competition in the 11th Region. His biggest problem is his strength (which one would expect with a 14 year old). He does have the ability to take the ball to the basket and can shoot the short jumper. Has good footwork but stilll very green at the post. Trys to shoot a hook shot sometimes but doesn't have very good control over it. Jumps and reaches when rebounding, uses his length to get to the ball, isn't strong enough to positon himself and box out, yet. He definitely will be a player, he will be one of the premier players in the state by the time he is a senior.

Davis will have some battles with the big 8th grader (freshman to be) out of Sayre, Dakari Johnson. I actually think Johnson will be the better of the two. I would be suprised to see Johnson stay at Sayre, my guess he will go to another high school with some better support around him. Dakari Johnson is going to be a BIG time player.

I remember a thread about a young player from Lafayette winning a dunk contest, is this the same young man? I remember his father being from Florida, wearing the #33 and the specs, after he left UK did he play elsewhere?

It is the same player you mentioned. Yes, his father played HS ball in Pensacola and I think he was a Parade All America (don't quote me on that). He played 3 years for UK and then was the "original Rod Rhodes" if you will (Pitino pushed him out). Williard and Pitinio set it up for him to finish up at WKU, but he chose to stay at UK and get his degree there. He is one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to be around and is a very successful business person in Lexington.