Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brossart Tops Final Softball Poll

Featured Replies

The Bishop Brossart Lady 'Stangs Fast Pitch Softball Team, despite a loss to second ranked Conner on Saturday, finished as the top ranked team in Northern Kentucky in the final coaches poll released by the Enquirer early this morning. Brossart Ryle and Conner both had two first place votes but Brossart managed to finish first for the 7th time in 8 weeks of voting.

"I'm a little surprised," said Brossart coach Mel Webster, whose team ended the season with a 2-1 loss to second-ranked Conner. "But I think there were three really, really good teams: us, Ryle and Conner. I think if you look at the body of work - we played an awfully tough schedule - I think we're deserving of it. "I feel good about this team. I have all year."

Brossart finished the regular season 27-7, Won the NKAC Undefeated (6-0), won the 10th Region All "A" Classic, earned the top seed in the 37th District Tourney (5-0), and so far has outscored opponents 217-58 on the season.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it going Mustangs!!!!!!!!........The real season statrts now.

  • Author

They did well so far in the real season beat Calvary 15-0 in four

After seeing every team play in NKY I would have to go with Conner being the #1 team in NKY. In my opinion they are the most fundamentally sound team and from 1 - 9 in the lineup they are solid. Not to mention they have a great pitcher.

Well me myself and Maybelle (my wife) have seen everyone but Heritage and Beechwood play in that area and we all agree that Brossart is better than Conner and Ryle or anyone in the ninth. My wife played the game, slowly, but has a keen eye for talent even though some of that escaped her. Now as she becomes more matronly and larger its hard to keep up with peaches and junior. We love our Mason Co. team so much we are glad they got rained out. We don't like those run rule things. Brossart's pitcher is a whiz kid. The seventh graders will be good in time. Looks like the coaches agreed with Maybelle and I. Peaches is nodding too. Peaches is 13 but big for her size. We had her a 31 on the speed gun but that was running away from chores. Hehe

I have also seen Brossart, Conner and Ryle and many other teams in Northern Kentucky play this year. After seeing how Brossart lost to Conner and then Ryle beating Conner last night its seems to me those 3 teams are pretty even. They could play 3 round robins and you may have 3 different winners. So as far as I'm concerned i believe all 3 programs are very respected in there region and as far as that goes in the STATE. Good luck to all 3 in the region. One last thing Brossart and Ryle has great pitching also. Don't you think .

I guess you all will have to consider Scott, being they beat Brossart to win the district.

The coaches poll is a joke...they give votes to teams with losing records. Most coaches have their statisticians call in the votes and stats at the same time. Brossart has a little more experience on the mound than Ryle and Conner, but Ryle's lineup 1-9 is too much for Brossart. Ryle has the deeper of the teams, Conner a very close second.

Scott are you kidding me.

Walton should be mentioned as well in this group I believe.

Scott? Maybelle just lost her lunch. "You ok momma?" Must have been a full moon. Gotta make top ten before being number 1. As Momma Jesabel said "In this world of crazy happenings anything is possible but usually just once and that may not happen." Brossart I was told beat Ryle in a pre-season thingee and then Conner beat Brossart when the centerfielder got hurt so the coaches got it right up yonder. Wish we had polls down here in Maysville. Peaches once had a poll cat but thats a different story. Brossart is good, Ryle is Good Conner is Good. Newport CC is decent and thats about it. Maybelle is shaking her head yes and remember she played the game.

  • Author

Too funny...I agree with Riverdog (thats scary in itself) Heres the deal. There are three top teams based on their season and strength of schedule Brossart, Conner and Ryle. All are very deserving of being The Big Three and if they played in a round robin for a day or two they'd all be about 3-3 beating each other. All three have great teams and all received two first place votes so why don't we agree to say "Hats off to all three and their teams and fine young ladies for a tremendous season that is still going by the way." Ryle and Brossart didnt get to play because of rain, Conner nipped Brossart 2-1 after an injury and Ryle beat Conner 6-1 the week before. Brossart had more wins (28) and they had been number 1 seven of eight weeks so there wasnt a knockout punch. Good luck to all three in the Region! Walton-Verona also has a nice team

  • Author

One more thing I have to ask...Riverdog is that your real pic?

Looks more like junior now. I had a mustache since 14. Maybelle likes it. Set it on fire one time with a cigar. I don't wear diapers though.

Dawg dude they must mean Scott County. I was there once too. We were trying to find a new dress at the outlet mall for peaches. We heard the coach over there used to be on the US Olympic team so of course Maybelle had to have an autograph. McCulough I think was her name, reminded me of a boxer but anyway...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.