13th Region Top 5

Who are your top 5 for the 13th region now that the season is in its final few weeks? Here are mine...

1. Middlesboro (16-5)- this was easy, since they are 9-0 in the region. They've also scored the 2nd most runs in the region and have given up the least, of the teams that have played more than 18 games.

2. North Laurel (14-9)- North has played a more impressive schedule was has lost to regional foes Clay County and South Laurel. They've scored more runs than anyone else in the region.

3. Corbin (13-12)- while their overall record isn't great, they are 9-3 in the region and took 2 of 3 from a pretty good Whitley and swept a 2 game series against SL.

4. Clay County (14-9)- While they do have a better record than Corbin, they lost to Corbin 6-7 earlier in the season. They also lost to SL and NL. They are supposed to face Middlesboro this week so that should be a good test.

5. Whitley County (13-7)- Whitley gets the edge over SL because they beat them 2 out of 3. However, they did lost one to SL and 2 of 3 to Corbin.

A couple of teams that could be trouble though are SL and Harlan County. Both have one good pitcher that could win against any team on this list.

I like North and Corbin. North has the hitters and Corbin is well coached.

I don't have anything against Ledington but he has coached the pre-season favorite to a 13-12 record. Is that really that good of a coaching job?

I don't have anything against Ledington but he has coached the pre-season favorite to a 13-12 record. Is that really that good of a coaching job?

Corbin was not the preseason favorite after losing 7 starters from last year's team. They were expected to have an up and down type season as they are really young, starting 2 seniors, 3 juniors and 4 sophomores. Add in arguably the toughest schedule in the 13th region and I would say that Ledington has done a good job with this team.

You seem to be the guru of the 13th and you thought Corbin was the pre-season favorite?:irked:

Hahaha.

I agree...Coach Ledington has proved he is one of the best coaches in the region and state, and IMO the Hounds have a solid shot at winning the region this year!!!

If Corbin can learn to play fundamentally sound baseball,I don't see any reason why they shouldn't win the region.

IMO, Corbin should and could win the 13th region this year and find themselfs playing at Applebees Park.

Corbin was not the preseason favorite after losing 7 starters from last year's team. They were expected to have an up and down type season as they are really young, starting 2 seniors, 3 juniors and 4 sophomores. Add in arguably the toughest schedule in the 13th region and I would say that Ledington has done a good job with this team.

:thumb:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I said Corbin could win the 13th! But so could Lynn Camp or Harlan... Oh by the way how's South doing this year? What seed are they in the district?

I agree with you but why throw in a backhand comment about two other schools.:idunno:

While I'm not going to stoop as far, I will stick with my comment about big impact making several comments implying that Corbin was better suited to win the region than any other team.

I had them 3rd in my rankings so obviously, I feel like they are still one of the better teams. But...12 losses is enough for an entire season in my opinion.