October 21, 200520 yr Author I believe that ohio doesn't hold out transfers from other schools as KY does. You have to fulfill certain stipulations just like KY; I'm not familiar with the exact language; a kid about a decade ago had his legal guardianship changed so he could play QB for Prineton after he had played at Fairfield the year before. The local news did a feature on him. Fairfield wasn't happy.
October 21, 200520 yr Author Ben Davis has an enrollment of about 4000 kids. That is probably a bad example. If it is just about numbers, where is North Hardin and Henderson County when it comes to the final week of the season? St. X & Trinity rarely play each other in the finals.
October 21, 200520 yr If it is just about the numbers, then where were they before Kerry Combs? Why has Princeton fallen off the face of the earth since Pat Mancuso retired? He has a point there defense1st.
October 21, 200520 yr Ben Davis has an enrollment of about 4000 kids. That is probably a bad example. Almost all schools in their class have an enrollment that large including Warren Central.
October 21, 200520 yr A student who lives outside the state of OH cannot participate in extracurriculars in OH, unless he starts in OH in the 1st grade. If this is true I know alot of player who don't abide by this. This is completly false actually. OJ Mayo plays basketball and didn't attend middle school in Ohio. Bad INFO.
October 21, 200520 yr Almost all schools in their class have an enrollment that large including Warren Central.Not true. There are 62 schools in Class 5A in Indiana. Four of them, including Ben Davis and Warren Central, have enrollments of over 3000. There is a total of 19 schools over 2,000. The cutoff for 5A is aound the 1,500 mark. Ben Davis, Carmel, Warren Central and Penn are four of the five biggest schools in Indiana, and together they've combined to win 16 of the last 20 state titles. The biggest schools are the dominant schools ... sounds familiar.
October 21, 200520 yr If it is just about numbers, where is North Hardin and Henderson County when it comes to the final week of the season?It's not all just about numbers, but Henderson has made it to the semifinals in two of the last three years. Unfortunately, for them, they keep running into Male and/or St. Xavier. If it is just about numbers, where is North Hardin and Henderson County when it comes to the final week of the season? St. X & Trinity rarely play each other in the finals. Only twice in the last eight years. But at least one of them has made the finals every year in that span, and in 10 of the last 11 seasons.
October 21, 200520 yr If this is true I know alot of player who don't abide by this. This is completly false actually. OJ Mayo plays basketball and didn't attend middle school in Ohio. Bad INFO. No, Wildcat is correct. OJ lives in NCH. What Wildcat said was if you do not live in Ohio you cannot play sports for an Ohio HS team, unless you start going to Ohio for school in the 1st grade.
October 21, 200520 yr No, Wildcat is correct. OJ lives in NCH. What Wildcat said was if you do not live in Ohio you cannot play sports for an Ohio HS team, unless you start going to Ohio for school in the 1st grade. I thought he said you had to of attended a Ohio school since 1st grade. My bad.
October 21, 200520 yr Author I thought he said you had to of attended a Ohio school since 1st grade. My bad. SG is right; I didn't explain it well; I was referring to people who currently live outside of OH, but go to OH schools. They must have gone to an OH school since 1st grade. At least that is the way it was at one time; I don't keep up; I am assuming it is still that way, which I know is bad to do.
October 21, 200520 yr Author Not true. There are 62 schools in Class 5A in Indiana. Four of them, including Ben Davis and Warren Central, have enrollments of over 3000. There is a total of 19 schools over 2,000. The cutoff for 5A is aound the 1,500 mark. Ben Davis, Carmel, Warren Central and Penn are four of the five biggest schools in Indiana, and together they've combined to win 16 of the last 20 state titles. The biggest schools are the dominant schools ... sounds familiar. Big schools with poor coaching, a lack of tradition, a lack of a demanding off-season program , and a lack of support from the administration won't win!!!!!! They could have 10,000 boys; it wouldn't matter.
October 21, 200520 yr Author It's not all just about numbers, but Henderson has made it to the semifinals in two of the last three years. Unfortunately, for them, they keep running into Male and/or St. Xavier. Only twice in the last eight years. But at least one of them has made the finals every year in that span, and in 10 of the last 11 seasons. What is your excuse for Male being so good? They don't have the numbers that X & T have. I believe we determined they are around 8-13 in enrollment, if I remember correctly. It is not only numbers.
October 21, 200520 yr If this is true I know alot of player who don't abide by this. This is completly false actually. OJ Mayo plays basketball and didn't attend middle school in Ohio. Bad INFO. Read what you quoted. It said a players who lives outside the state of Ohio. OJ lives across the street from from NCH. An example of what this would be that Vic Anderson would have to move to Kentucky to play for X. GOOD INFO. :thumb: Sorry, I should have finished reading the thread before I replied. This was already cleared up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.