CovCath 2010

kyvince

How are the 2010 Colonels shaping up? Any idea on line ups at this point. I am assuming the following are all in the mix.

Siemer,

Martin,

Lankheit,

Stayton,

Klein,

Pitchers

Shumate,

Slagbaum

Gerwe

Anyone else standing out in pre-season drills?

How are the 2010 Colonels shaping up? Any idea on line ups at this point. I am assuming the following are all in the mix.

Siemer,

Martin,

Lankheit,

Stayton,

Klein,

Pitchers

Shumate,

Slagbaum

Gerwe

Anyone else standing out in pre-season drills?

I think you'll see Jack Grosser in the mix. Ben Maile might be on the mount. I'd add Tommy Arnzen to the list of contributors. I've heard Reese and/or Severson might get a look at the varsity level.

This is the first time in quite a few years, that more than just one or two positions were up for grabs, at this time of the season!

Now I am not at all implying that the talent of the players is poor, on the contrary, there are some young players that are pushing the more veterans players for spots.

While I have watched the team practice and play on the turf and in the batting cage, I really haven't seen anyone on the dirt, so I won't be playing the who should start and who is on the bench at the moment game!

Paul indeed is running track this year!

Other than Klein 3rd, Siemer 2nd, Schlagbaum SS, and Martin CF to the best of my knowledge, nothing has been decided yet!

Not to threadjack, but as I said last year, the turn-out for the track team was huge, which did cut in to the numbers for baseball and even lacrosse. I heard the number of men who signed up for track was over 120! Amazing what a little thing like winning state will do....:rolleyes: Going to be interesting how Coach McCoy handles it as I do not see any way you can get all these kids in enough events to keep them interested. Guess it is a good problem to have though.

Paul indeed is running track this year!

Other than Klein 3rd, Siemer 2nd, Schlagbaum SS, and Martin CF to the best of my knowledge, nothing has been decided yet!

Who are the candidates for the catcher and 1st Base positions?

Who are the candidates for the catcher and 1st Base positions?

Lankeit will be a candidate. I've heard Mattie Klein may get some time behind the dish.

1B : Grosser moved over last year from 3B to prepare for varsity so he has to be in the running. Stayton could probably play first. If Severson moves up he's a strong defensive 1B. Heck, you could also see Arnzen over there.

Lankeit will be a candidate. I've heard Mattie Klein may get some time behind the dish.

1B : Grosser moved over last year from 3B to prepare for varsity so he has to be in the running. Stayton could probably play first. If Severson moves up he's a strong defensive 1B. Heck, you could also see Arnzen over there.

Well that leaves Left and Right, and a potential DH. Clyde who do you think the leading candidates for those positions are?

While I am at it, who will be some of the key back ups/ pinch hitters and defensive replacements?

Well that leaves Left and Right, and a potential DH. Clyde who do you think the leading candidates for those positions are?

While I am at it, who will be some of the key back ups/ pinch hitters and defensive replacements?

I'm not as familiar with this senior class as I need to be to make some of those calls. I'd guess you'll see Warning in the outfield and on the mound. Arnzen will play some OF. I haven't seen him catch but I know he can play every other position.

In the mix/backups: Hoffer/Reese/Nienaber/Severson/Maile/Armour/Grosser.

If Lucas Armour can improve his hitting he will play a lot. He can chase them down like few can. Great instincts.