Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath 2010

Featured Replies

No AB's for Gerwe this year? He's streaky, but can be a solid hitter and has some decent gap power.

 

See. I told you guys I don't know the senior class well.

 

I didn't see him play much last year. Is he an infielder and pitcher?

See. I told you guys I don't know the senior class well.

 

I didn't see him play much last year. Is he an infielder and pitcher?

 

Finding him a spot in the field would be the more challenging issue. Probably more of an OF'er, though he can play 1B. I definitely think he should be in the running for some DH time.

Gerwe played third this past fall, and some outfield plus he pitched. Great kid can do alot.

Disappointed to hear Paul Ritter is not playing baseball. I know his father and he was an exceptional baseball player matter of fact I coached him in knothole baseball from the time he was 6 til he was in high school. A great man and his son reminds me of the same type of athelete. I wish him well what ever he does. JD

Disappointed to hear Paul Ritter is not playing baseball. I know his father and he was an exceptional baseball player matter of fact I coached him in knothole baseball from the time he was 6 til he was in high school. A great man and his son reminds me of the same type of athelete. I wish him well what ever he does. JD

 

Paul is indeed a great kid and I can remember watching him playing in the dirt along side the soccer field when I coached his older sister.

 

Paul has bought big time into Coach Wirth and his program and that is great for him. He told me that he thought track could improve his speed and quickness to help improve his football. I am glad that he is happy and will enjoy watching him this fall!

Do you think Cov Cath will miss Cottingham this year?

 

Defensively, yes. He's one of the best defensive catchers in the 9th. Great arm. I hope he does well at BW.

Possible opening day lineup for the colonels by position,

1 Gerwe

2 Lankiet or Lonneman

3 Stayton (Grosser as backup)

4 Klein

5 Seimer

6 Schlagbaum

7 Armor/Hoffer/Neinaber/Arnzen/Reese

8 Martin

9 Warning

 

Pitchers on the Bench

Bruggeman/Hellmann/Shumate/Hamm/Arnzen

 

I doubt that Schlagbaum will see any time on the hill as usually Krumps never uses his everyday SS as a pitcher. Development of the staff is crucial to the success of this team.

I think Warning will be there best pitcher besides probably Schlagbaum. I know he was overlooked last year.:confused:

If giving the chance Warning will be number one, I know two local coaches who both said they would not look forward in facing him on the mound, but then we are talking about CovCath so he might never see the mound.

So what you are basically saying is that Krumps doesn't know how to coach?

 

Warning will see plenty of time on the mound and will be heavily counted on but IMO, Klein will be their #1. I thnk people have forgotten about him. He was 6 - 0 his soph year and from what the jv coaches tell me, he looks to be close to his old self. Good for him!!

So what you are basically saying is that Krumps doesn't know how to coach?

 

Warning will see plenty of time on the mound and will be heavily counted on but IMO, Klein will be their #1. I thnk people have forgotten about him. He was 6 - 0 his soph year and from what the jv coaches tell me, he looks to be close to his old self. Good for him!!

 

Nobody said Krumps can not coach, but warning never seen the mound last year, and now you are saying he will see plenty of time this year.:idunno:

Nobody said Krumps can not coach, but warning never seen the mound last year, and now you are saying he will see plenty of time this year.:idunno:

 

Lets see last year

 

Isler, Nutini and Krumme got almost all of the innings. Adam will be very good this season, but he isn't or at least wasn't in the class of the above three last year.

 

Adam will get his innings this season, not to worry marley! :thumb:

I hope your right, the kid has work very hard this past off season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.