Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Way It Should Have Went

Featured Replies

Let's assume the top 16 teams were given the 1-4 seeds in each region. Let's also assume the #1 seeds are where they should be. If the selection committee had a brain, what do you think the brackets would have looked like.

 

Here's my rankings:

1) Kansas

2) Kentucky

3) Duke

4) Syracuse

5) West Virginia

6) Ohio State

7) Kansas State

8) Georgetown

9) Baylor

10) Villanova

11) New Mexico

12) Pittsburgh

13) Vanderbilt

14) Maryland

15) Wisconsin

16) Purdue

 

With those rankings the regions should have looked like this:

 

Midwest

1) Kansas

2) Georgetown

3) Baylor

4) Purdue

 

East

1) Kentucky

2) Kansas State

3) Villanova

4) Wisconsin

 

South

1) Duke

2) Ohio State

3) New Mexico

4) Maryland

 

West

1) Syracuse

2) West Virginia

3) Pittsburgh

4) Vanderbilt

 

What does this mean? Nothing really, but KU would have the easiest roads which is they way it should be for the top #1 seed.

Let's assume the top 16 teams were given the 1-4 seeds in each region. Let's also assume the #1 seeds are where they should be. If the selection committee had a brain, what do you think the brackets would have looked like.

 

Here's my rankings:

1) Kansas

2) Kentucky

3) Duke

4) Syracuse

5) West Virginia

6) Ohio State

7) Kansas State

8) Georgetown

9) Baylor

10) Villanova

11) New Mexico

12) Pittsburgh

13) Vanderbilt

14) Maryland

15) Wisconsin

16) Purdue

 

With those rankings the regions should have looked like this:

 

Midwest

1) Kansas

2) Georgetown

3) Baylor

4) Purdue

 

East

1) Kentucky

2) Kansas State

3) Villanova

4) Wisconsin

 

South

1) Duke

2) Ohio State

3) New Mexico

4) Maryland

 

West

1) Syracuse

2) West Virginia

3) Pittsburgh

4) Vanderbilt

 

What does this mean? Nothing really, but KU would have the easiest roads which is they way it should be for the top #1 seed.

 

This looks about right to me.

Surely you realize that the top 3 seeds in the West are from the Big East, right? That's not "how it should have went" at all.

Surely you realize that the top 3 seeds in the West are from the Big East, right? That's not "how it should have went" at all.

 

They wouldn't be playing until the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight, so looks good to me.

 

Switch New Mexico and Pitt if you must though and they don't meet until the Elite Eight.

  • Author
Surely you realize that the top 3 seeds in the West are from the Big East, right? That's not "how it should have went" at all.

 

I was doing it based on rankings.

 

Plus, Notre Dame and Nova are both on the same side of the bracket in the South as is, so I don't feel it's a huge issue. They try to keep them separate as best they can, but when you have 8 teams, it makes it a challenge.

I was doing it based on rankings.

 

Plus, Notre Dame and Nova are both on the same side of the bracket in the South as is, so I don't feel it's a huge issue. They try to keep them separate as best they can, but when you have 8 teams, it makes it a challenge.

 

The committee would not make the top 3 seeds in one bracket from the same conference.

 

Without looking it up, I'd guess that it's never been done and never will be done.

I almost like Kentucky's situation better the way it really is.

 

:thumb:

 

I agree. Here's the way I see it. Heading into the tournament, there were four teams I most wanted to avoid. Kansas, Syracuse, K-State and West Virginia. And, if I had to pick from those teams, West Virginia is the one I'd want to play, so I think we did good.

 

I think Kentucky came out as good as I could have hoped. I wouldn't want to be staring at a second round matchup with U of L or Gonzaga. Or a Sweet 16 matchup with a Tom Izzo team. And, I'd much rather face Duke, 'Nova, etc. in the semis instead of Syracuse or K-State.

 

JMO:idunno:

 

But, there are no cupcakes. Anybody who wins this thing is going to have to work for it and beat good basketball teams.

Let's assume the top 16 teams were given the 1-4 seeds in each region. Let's also assume the #1 seeds are where they should be. If the selection committee had a brain, what do you think the brackets would have looked like.

 

Here's my rankings:

1) Kansas

2) Kentucky

3) Duke

4) Syracuse

5) West Virginia

6) Ohio State

7) Kansas State

8) Georgetown

9) Baylor

10) Villanova

11) New Mexico

12) Pittsburgh

13) Vanderbilt

14) Maryland

15) Wisconsin

16) Purdue

 

With those rankings the regions should have looked like this:

 

Midwest

1) Kansas

2) Georgetown

3) Baylor

4) Purdue

 

East

1) Kentucky

2) Kansas State

3) Villanova

4) Wisconsin

 

South

1) Duke

2) Ohio State

3) New Mexico

4) Maryland

 

West

1) Syracuse

2) West Virginia

3) Pittsburgh

4) Vanderbilt

 

What does this mean? Nothing really, but KU would have the easiest roads which is they way it should be for the top #1 seed.

 

You couldn't have 3 Big East teams among the top 4 in the West according to the seeding rules that are in place.

You couldn't have 3 Big East teams among the top 4 in the West according to the seeding rules that are in place.

 

All you would have to do is switch Pittsburgh out and move New Mexico or Baylor in.

All you would have to do is switch Pittsburgh out and move New Mexico or Baylor in.

 

I realize that, I was just pointing out that what he proposed was against current seeding rules.

  • Author
I realize that, I was just pointing out that what he proposed was against current seeding rules.

 

How was it allowed to have Notre Dame and Nova on the same pod this year then?

 

I understand the rules, but it was my understanding that they aren't 100% set in stone.

How was it allowed to have Notre Dame and Nova on the same pod this year then?

 

I understand the rules, but it was my understanding that they aren't 100% set in stone.

 

Nova & Notre Dame are not the top 3 seeds. Nova is a 2, ND is a 6. They wouldn't play until the Sweet 16.

  • Author
Nova & Notre Dame are not the top 3 seeds. Nova is a 2, ND is a 6. They wouldn't play until the Sweet 16.

 

Newsflash: The top 3 seeds can't play each other until the Sweet 16 and the Elite 8 respectively....

How was it allowed to have Notre Dame and Nova on the same pod this year then?

 

I understand the rules, but it was my understanding that they aren't 100% set in stone.

 

Newsflash Part 2:Because the rule in place is only for 1-4 seeds in each bracket--they aren't supposed to meet before the Elite 8. Otherwise teams from the same conference aren't supposed to be slotted to meet before the Sweet 16.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.