Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 54 Knox Central 53

Featured Replies

It was easily a foul. Count this as one of the times you are wrong. St. John fouled Broughton, the kid easily went over the back. Like I said before, you get outscored 14-10 while St. John sits out for over seven minutes and you're already ahead 30-22 then you lost a golden opportunity to put the game away.

 

:thumb:

Been wrong many times but it looked to me like he was just standing there, not in a good block out position at all, the big boy was behind him but not over him, your eyes may be better than you think.

 

I looked on WYMT's website to see if they showed that play, but they did not. They have a great shot of the foul call on Canady that led to the winning FT, all I can say is :idunno:

It was easily a foul. Count this as one of the times you are wrong. St. John fouled Broughton, the kid easily went over the back. Like I said before, you get outscored 14-10 while St. John sits out for over seven minutes and you're already ahead 30-22 then you lost a golden opportunity to put the game away.

Ok if you say so:isurrender:, Maybe the rest of South's players picked it up when St. John was out, to me it was much improvement from KC over the last couple of weeks to even be in this game.

IMO opinion KC made the biggest mistake that I have seen so many teams make against the Cards. They simply got away from what put them in the position to lead. You just have to keep attacking SL. If you devert from what you do they will take advantage.

 

With that being said, I would take Gilbert and Watkins on my team any day of the week. Gilbert was clearly in pain and still managed to put his team on his back. What a tough kid! Watkins also nailed a big 3 when it looked like KC was in control. I also have to give a shout-out to St. John. He hit 2 free throws with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

 

Looks like the Cards should be in yet another 13th Region Finals.

I had a perfect view of the over the back call on KC, and the foul against St. John. They were both horrible calls. You do not decide a game like that on 2 calls like that. To questionable to call that late in the game, let the players earn the win.

4chs,

It was over the back easily. I do think St. John fouled Broughton, but it was over the back. Ref made the right call. Doesn't matter where a ref is positioned, you see it, you call it. Bottom line, Central led 30-22 with 7:24 left when St. John sit out the rest of the third quarter and Knox was then outscored, 14-10. If you can't take advantage of that situation, you're in trouble.

 

It does make a difference of where they are positioned, if they are making a contact call. I had a better angle than the referee who made the call. I hate to see big guys get punished over very minor contact. That call can be called all game, but isn't. Don't wait until the last two minutes and make that call, be consistent. KC should not have been punished because, they did not take advantage of that situation. Give SL and Coach Wright credit, they played well during that stretch. That's what I like about one and done basketball.

I had a perfect view of the over the back call on KC, and the foul against St. John. They were both horrible calls. You do not decide a game like that on 2 calls like that. To questionable to call that late in the game, let the players earn the win.

 

Since one foul was under the Knox Central goal and the other was under the South Laurel goal you must have been wearing stripes to have perfect views.:D As Les said, Knox can only blame themselves. They were up 8 when St.John went to the bench in the 3rd and couldnt extend the lead.

Since one foul was under the Knox Central goal and the other was under the South Laurel goal you must have been wearing stripes to have perfect views.:D As Les said, Knox can only blame themselves. They were up 8 when St.John went to the bench in the 3rd and couldnt extend the lead.

 

That is very true. I hate to agree with Les on this one, but it is accurate. I thought the over the back call was the right call and was unsure on the non-call against St. John. I will trust Les' judgement on that one that there should have been a call made.

 

However, as in any game, there were lots of calls/non calls that could have gone either way throughout the game. They are judgement calls and sometimes they go for us, sometimes against us.

That is very true. I hate to agree with Les on this one, but it is accurate. I thought the over the back call was the right call and was unsure on the non-call against St. John. I will trust Les' judgement on that one that there should have been a call made.

 

However, as in any game, there were lots of calls/non calls that could have gone either way throughout the game. They are judgement calls and sometimes they go for us, sometimes against us.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

To say much more than that is well.....:deadhorse:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.