Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Steve Nash The Greatest?

Featured Replies

Greatest Shooters of All - Time

 

Larry Bird:

FG: 50%

3 Pt.%: 38%

FT: 89%

 

Reggie Miller:

FG: 47%

3-Pt %: 40%

FT: 89%

 

Ray Allen:

FG: 45%

3-Pt %: 40%

FT: 89%

 

Steve Nash:

FG: 49%

3-Pt %: 43%

FT: 90%

 

Steve Nash also leads the league in assists this year with 11 APG.

 

 

What about Steve Kerr? I thought that he retired as the greatest three point shooter of all time? That is all he did though, but still.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious; did Nash even get there? Kidd took the Nets to the Finals in back to back years- this isn't even a discussion I'm interested in having. ANYONE that claims Nash had had a better post-season career than Kidd or even tries to insiuate that those guys are close when it comes to the post-season knows NOTHING about basketball.

 

Kidd has more finals appearances. That's true. It's also true that the eastern conference resembled a JV league during that time. Case in point...New Jersey was 23-7 vs. the eastern conference during those playoff runs. In the finals they won 2 games. They were swept by LA and lost in six to San Antonio.

 

Those New Jersey teams wouldn't have finished high enough to get home court advantage for the first round in the west, much less compete.

 

With both players at their best, I'd take Jason Kidd. But, championships count for something, not finals appearances...especially finals appearances when your team doesn't look like it belongs on the same court with its opponent.

I'll take a stab...

 

1. Nash is not the best shooter of all time. To name one, I'll take Larry Bird.

 

3. Better than Magic? Are you kidding me?

 

2. Obviously, I don't think he's the best PG of all-time. If I took the time to really think about it, I doubt Nash would make the top 10. Off the top of my head, Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, and John Stockton are three retired players that I'd place ahead of Nash. Additionally, there's at least two more active players I'd put there...

Kidd has more finals appearances. That's true. It's also true that the eastern conference resembled a JV league during that time. Case in point...New Jersey was 23-7 vs. the eastern conference during those playoff runs. In the finals they won 2 games. They were swept by LA and lost in six to San Antonio.

 

Those New Jersey teams wouldn't have finished high enough to get home court advantage for the first round in the west, much less compete.

 

With both players at their best, I'd take Jason Kidd. But, championships count for something, not finals appearances...especially finals appearances when your team doesn't look like it belongs on the same court with its opponent.

 

If you want to call evrything else equal (and I don't, but for the sake of argument lets say I did), I want the PG that wins in the playoffs more consistently.

 

Kidd took a team, where his second and third best players were Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin, to the Finals. He made those guys all stars and the have not looked as good since they left his side.

 

So Kidd has to apologize for losing to Kobe and Shaq and Tim Duncan and David Robinson? :rolleyes:

 

Say whatever you want; Kidd got there, Nash didn't- end of story. :cool:

No, no and no. He is awesome but far from the greatest. IMO

 

:thumb:

 

I agree.

I'll take Kidd before Nash 8 days out of the week no matter the time period.

 

I'd take Rondo, Rose, CP3 and Deron Williams over Nash today as well.

 

 

Nash is and always will be a great point guard who had a great career. To keep it even more real, I'd take John Stockton over Nash as well.

As for the original list of shooters..... I'd say Nash has better percentage numbers than those guys but I would think that those 3 guys have taken way more shots than Nash which would contribute to his higher percentage for Nash. Not to mention, Nash has always been a smart shooter. He doesn't take "bad shots" which is another factor in his higher percentage. Larry, Reggie and Ray Ray will shoot it more often when in the triple threat position than Nash. Those 3 guys can shoot my last second 3 for the championship before I'd pick Nash to shoot it.

If you want to call evrything else equal (and I don't, but for the sake of argument lets say I did), I want the PG that wins in the playoffs more consistently.

 

Kidd took a team, where his second and third best players were Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin, to the Finals. He made those guys all stars and the have not looked as good since they left his side.

 

So Kidd has to apologize for losing to Kobe and Shaq and Tim Duncan and David Robinson? :rolleyes:

 

Say whatever you want; Kidd got there, Nash didn't- end of story. :cool:

 

I have zero doubt that Nash's Phoenix teams would have owned the eastern conference that Kidd lead New Jersey through. I also believe you can make a similar comparison with some of the players who played with Nash...like Shawn Marion.

 

Perhaps the finals appearance would impress me more had the Nets actually been competitive, or faced better competition to get there.

 

Regardless, at their respective peaks, I'd take Kidd. Not because he made it to an NBA finals, but because he's the better player. Other than shooting, I don't see where Nash has an advantage...and even with that, their scoring averages are similar. The biggest difference is on the defensive end...Nash was a liability, Kidd wasn't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.