Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 68 Highlands 48

Featured Replies

All you have to do is look at the regular season game when the Birds worked them up on the hill by 14 without Grote but with Grubbs. I know the more important game was the other night but what you state pretty much goes without saying. I think that is why you dont see a lot of gloating by the NCC fans.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

  • Replies 96
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All you have to do is look at the regular season game when the Birds worked them up on the hill by 14 without Grote but with Grubbs. I know the more important game was the other night but what you state pretty much goes without saying. I think that is why you dont see a lot of gloating by the NCC fans.

 

Actually, it just doesn't seem like there are many NCC people that post much about boys games, regardless of the outcome. Instead of worrying that the entire state of Highlands basketball is falling apart, maybe the kids from Newcath deserve a little credit. It has nothing to do with Moyer's grade school league, injuries, Mike Flynn or the # of kids in each class. NewCath just happened to be better on Wednesday night. The birds packed it in early, and then Newcath hit shots. Highlands had to come out and guard and Pangallo went by them and either scored or created for others. I just find it amazing that some can't give credit to the opposing players, but instead feel like their program is falling to pieces. Sometimes all you can do is tip your cap and move on.

 

Flynn is a great coach, and been to the Sweet 16 with 3 schools. He will do great if given the chance. Injuries happen to all teams, some worse than others, but you must move on and play the hand your dealt this time of year.

 

The sky isn't falling in Ft. Thomas, just ran into a tough draw against a hot team and a very good/underrated coach in Brannen. Gotta give the Breds all the credit in the world.

 

On the bright side, the Birds can get an early start on spring football...

  • Author

Plenty of credit given by this guy here big guy. Go back and read my posts. In fact you might think I was campaigning to have Grant Pangallo named Mr Basketball. I also stated I hope they go on and win the dang thing. Obviously the last post about the Birds handling the Breds struck a nerve. Just pointing out facts. Its a different game if the Birds have their full arsenal. As far as getting off on tangents, I forgot this was a forum. You should maybe volunteer to be a Mod since the conversation didn't stick to the breaking down of the game. Bottom line is there aren't enough NCC posters on here and plenty of Highlands fans. If the topics discussed don't interest you just scroll down, that's what I do.

As to the regular season victory by the Birds, I'll paraphrase Coach Shields circa 1975 when discussing district rivals..."There are 3 pieces of pie. We don't have to eat the whole pie....but we gotta have the LAST piece!" Regular season is practice...the tourney is the season! That said...congrats and good luck to NCC. The Birds will be "But, if..." until next year!

Approaching 1700 views on this topic. (pretty good) I am trying to remember when the last time a school other than NCC or Highlands won the 36th district title. Does anyone know?

I would not be bragging about beating a team when they weren't playing their best and at FULL STRENGTH.

 

How would NCC fair if they were without the services of Pangallo and Geisler? :isurrender:

 

I don't know about you but its a lot sweeter to beat a team when the other team is playing their best and has ALL their horses. Nice break for the other regional contenders. We're not making excuses nor crying sour grapes its just the facts of life. :notworthy:

 

They were at full strength last year.

They were at full strength last year.

 

We may have gotten off track a little bit as far as the NCC/Highlands game.

 

But what on earth does last year have to do with this thread?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.