Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County 51 Raceland 49 OT

Featured Replies

Final from the 63rd at Russell. Greenup's coach really was bad mouthing the officials on his post game show.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why he would. GC went to the line more than Raceland. The officials blew a call which allowed GC to get a half court 3 at the end of the first half. The GC kid not only walked to throw it up, but he didnt get it off before the buzzer. This was a great game, the better team won. The officials did not favor either team.

A very nice effort by the Rams, who should have been a double digit underdog.:clap:

No real surprise to me, as Coach Floyd always has his teams ready.

Great game. It was a shame either team had to lose. I thought it was by far Raceland's best game of the year. Promising for next year...........

 

Congratulations to the Musketeers.

 

BTW, I listened to the post game show and was amazed that Coach Fraley blasted the officials. It was a good thing he had a great assistant coach (Sutton) making offensive and defensive changes to protect Williams and Hampton or he wouldn't have to worry about the officiating Thursday or in Morehead. There were some missed calls but nothing, including the missed call on the 3 pointer at the end of the half, altered the outcome. Raceland played an awesome first half and GC answered the bell for the second half. Many Raceland fans thanked Coach Fraley for the timeout at the end of the game to help set up the end bounds play for Coach Floyd since Raceland was out of timeouts.

Have followed the games all year with Greenup County but can't understand why Rees Justice is not being played? After being a starter for most of the year he is down to playing none. Could it be a personal thing?

Have followed the games all year with Greenup County but can't understand why Rees Justice is not being played? After being a starter for most of the year he is down to playing none. Could it be a personal thing?

 

I don't think it is personal. I have watched almost all of the games this year and he has a good 3 point shot but it is slow to develop. Plus I think he is a liability on the defensive end of the court.

Don't know why he would. GC went to the line more than Raceland. The officials blew a call which allowed GC to get a half court 3 at the end of the first half. The GC kid not only walked to throw it up, but he didnt get it off before the buzzer. This was a great game, the better team won. The officials did not favor either team.

 

I agree their were missed call on both ends of the floor. The half court shot before half time was an easy call and they missed it!! I figure one or more of the stripes that officiated this game will be one of the three in the final game Thursday. From what I seen last night they might need to start them back in the middle school level. Coach Fraley's comments on the radio after the ball game could come back to bite him Thursday night.:eek:

I was in attendance last night. In any game you can expect some calls to be missed. The striped shirts are human. Honestly, I thought it was fairly officiated. I didn't think that there was a bad whistle one way and not the other. And in a game of this magnitude, I think that a fair whistle is all you can ask.

 

On another note, the only call that was never made, and hasn't been from what I've seen all season, is on Hampton. He consistently lowers his shoulder, defender in good position and he bulls his way into the lane, makes space for the shot. It's plainly an offensive foul, however, it's never called. Kudos to the Musketeers for continuing to exploit the lack of this being called. The results speak for themselves.

I agree their were missed call on both ends of the floor. The half court shot before half time was an easy call and they missed it!! I figure one or more of the stripes that officiated this game will be one of the three in the final game Thursday. From what I seen last night they might need to start them back in the middle school level. Coach Fraley's comments on the radio after the ball game could come back to bite him Thursday night.:eek:

 

I don't who called the game last night, but I would guess they will wait to see who is playing before assigning the game due to restrictions, etc.

You're wrong about that Big Slick. I've seen every Raceland game this year.

Maybe I should have said at tourney time, regular season is a different animal.

I know Coach Floyd's scouts very hard for the district.

  • Author

I don't think Fraley will be back next year and he knows it so he doesn't care what he says about the officials or anybody else.

I don't think Fraley will be back next year and he knows it so he doesn't care what he says about the officials or anybody else.

 

That seems to be the scuttlebutt out there.:walk::taz:

  • Author
That seems to be the scuttlebutt out there.:walk::taz:

 

I was told it is already official that the board accepted his regisnation at its last board meeting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.