Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County 51 Raceland 49 OT

Featured Replies

I was told it is already official that the board accepted his regisnation at its last board meeting.

 

This is true and accurate.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraley is probably right about the fouls being called against his team. Fouls have made the difference in several of Greenup's matchups against Russell the last couple of years.

 

Whether Fraley is back or not, Greenup should be better than they are. Looking at the size and athleticism they possess, they should be blowing out teams like Russell and Raceland. If Fraley does leave, I am sure some coach will be happy to take over with the team they have returning. In fact, where do you apply? :-)

How many coaches have they had in the last few years and who is next?

How many coaches have they had in the last few years and who is next?

 

You pose a very good question. I was told by a very reliable source at the game Monday night that Coach Ward was interested in returning.

  • Author

In my opinion Greenup needs to go out and get a quality coach with no ties whatsoever to the community and then the adminstration needs to support him.

In my opinion Greenup needs to go out and get a quality coach with no ties whatsoever to the community and then the adminstration needs to support him.

 

They did that with Hicks and look what it got them. :lol: Seriously, I believe you are right and I have been told by some people in the know that they are highly considering that point.

  • Author
They did that with Hicks and look what it got them. :lol: Seriously, I believe you are right and I have been told by some people in the know that they are highly considering that point.

 

I never thought of him as a quality coach I think people thought he was Billy Hicks brother and that was enough. I mean a name coach even if theyto spend a little money. Greeup should be better than they are showing IMO. if you think about it they are the only school in the 16th region to have two feeder schools at the middle school level. Look at what Ashland did when they had two. They are having 10 kids coming in to high school each year who have started and played over 20 games. Everyone else jsut has 5 players in the same boat. Should be a BIG difference and it is not showing.

I never thought of him as a quality coach I think people thought he was Billy Hicks brother and that was enough. I mean a name coach even if theyto spend a little money. Greeup should be better than they are showing IMO. if you think about it they are the only school in the 16th region to have two feeder schools at the middle school level. Look at what Ashland did when they had two. They are having 10 kids coming in to high school each year who have started and played over 20 games. Everyone else jsut has 5 players in the same boat. Should be a BIG difference and it is not showing.

 

I agree.

You pose a very good question. I was told by a very reliable source at the game Monday night that Coach Ward was interested in returning.

Ward=too old and too boring IMO.:rolleyes:

Ward=too old and too boring IMO.:rolleyes:

 

Yeah Ward is older but their was no complaints in Greenup when we was winning the district and was contenders to win the Region almost every year.

I say bring him back!!!

Fraley will not be back understand it has gone beyond basketball!

  • Author

I was told that Fraley was going to reapply for the job when it is posted.

Unless I misunderstand the hearsay, the powers that be in the community aren't too tickled with Coach Fraley and will demand that he be kept off the sidelines next year. Of course, it's only rumor.

  • Author
Unless I misunderstand the hearsay, the powers that be in the community aren't too tickled with Coach Fraley and will demand that he be kept off the sidelines next year. Of course, it's only rumor.

 

That is not a rumor he has already turned in his resignation and it has been accepted by the school board. I was saying I had been told thathe was going to reapply for his job when it is posted.

That is not a rumor he has already turned in his resignation and it has been accepted by the school board. I was saying I had been told thathe was going to reapply for his job when it is posted.
Maybe I wasn't clear. I have been told that there are those in the community who will do what they can to prevent him from reacquiring the position.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.