Anyone up for Fantasy Baseball?

Wanna play Fantasy Baseball?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Wanna play Fantasy Baseball?

You can't be serious? :eyeonyou:

Depends on how you are meaning it. I am serious that I can't believe he wasn't drafted at all considering he is a big time prospect and is the starting RF for the Braves and is being compared as the next Pujols.

Or you could just be meaning that you are surprised he didn't get drafted at all.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your team is solid. You have good position players, but absolutely no depth at all.

A lot of your success will rely on Lind. Can he duplicate last year's career numbers? I doubt it. Before last year, he had never hit more than 20 HR in a season.

Carl Crawford will win SB for you single handedly some weeks.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Aaron Hill performs. He was a beast last year, but the Blue Jays lost one of their catalysts in Marco Scutaro.

You have a ton of pitching, but most of it is very average.

Oh yeah, Lance Berkman just went to the DL. :D

Your team is solid. You have good position players, but absolutely no depth at all.

A lot of your success will rely on Lind. Can he duplicate last year's career numbers? I doubt it. Before last year, he had never hit more than 20 HR in a season.

Carl Crawford will win SB for you single handedly some weeks.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Aaron Hill performs. He was a beast last year, but the Blue Jays lost one of their catalysts in Marco Scutaro.

You have a ton of pitching, but most of it is very average.

Pitching is key. Their is no point to a bench in Fantasy Baseball. Everyone plays everyday. Have alot of pitchers is the way I go.

Heyward should be the starting RF on Opening Day. Big time prospect, very questionable fantasy value.

I think his value depends on the health of the Braves. He will provide solid numbers hitting with Chipper, McCann, Glaus. He has a tremendous amount of power as well.

I'm not sure how well everything will translate into the major leagues but I'm willing to take a chance and find out.

Pitching is key. Their is no point to a bench in Fantasy Baseball. Everyone plays everyday. Have alot of pitchers is the way I go.

Well you don't even have enough players to field a lineup now that Berkman is on the DL.

Also, you have a lot of pitching, but I'm not impressed by the quality of your staff. You will probably win K's & W's each week, though.

I'm not sure how well everything will translate into the major leagues but I'm willing to take a chance and find out.

He's worth a late round pick if you're a fan of the Braves.

As far as fantasy value, you're probably better off looking elsewhere. It may work out well for you, though.

The more average pitching you have the better chance one of those pitchers will have a bad outing and inflate your stats for that week.

The more average pitching you have the better chance one of those pitchers will have a bad outing and inflate your stats for that week.

:thumb:

You'll also lose walks, and quite possibly WHIP & ERA. But you'll generally always win WINS & K's, so it's a mixed bag. With BBI's team, I think he has too many "average pitchers" for the theory to work out well.

I think my team will be okay. If I win 3-2 in pitching each week and win my hitting stats.

I mean why would you have 3 or 4 players on your bench for batters? Each team plays everyday so I mean they are just sitting and not helping you when you could add another closer or starter.

I'll win saves too.

With who, Heath Bell? :lol:

You have Marmol who is a decent option at closer, but he may end up losing the closer's job.

Huston Street is hurt and won't be back until mid-May most likely.

Other than that, you've got nothing...

I think my team will be okay. If I win 3-2 in pitching each week and win my hitting stats.

I mean why would you have 3 or 4 players on your bench for batters? Each team plays everyday so I mean they are just sitting and not helping you when you could add another closer or starter.

To diversify your risk. As you saw, Lance Berkman went down with an injury. Now that he's on the DL, you are forced to scour the waiver wire for another player.

If you had a few guys on your bench, injuries wouldn't be such a big issue. Also, it's a long season and players have ups & downs. It's nice to be able to sit someone for a few games when they're in an 0-15 slump.