Go Away, Snow!

For the second year in a row, ol' man winter has wreaked havoc with the girls' hoops season. But not all areas of the state have been and are being impacted by the snow/weather in the same way. Several regions have had numerous teams cancel games or postpone games already, and it looks as though even more are ready to happen at this very moment. Other regions have not been affected much at all.

The weather is making a difference in how teams are keeping their routines going: the positives are resting up when tired, healing when banged up and bruised; the negatives are losing good mojo, losing conditioning and timing due to lack of gym time, too many games in too short a time period, or not enough games over a two-week period.

Since most teams within a district will experience similar weather, it might not make much of a difference for district tourneys. But beyond that, the region tourneys and the Sweet-16 may be different stories. Only after-the-fact hindsight may provide us with 20/20 insight, but are there any other speculators out there wanting to address this subject? Please chime in.

:dancingpa

For the second year in a row, ol' man winter has wreaked havoc with the girls' hoops season. But not all areas of the state have been and are being impacted by the snow/weather in the same way. Several regions have had numerous teams cancel games or postpone games already, and it looks as though even more are ready to happen at this very moment. Other regions have not been affected much at all.

The weather is making a difference in how teams are keeping their routines going: the positives are resting up when tired, healing when banged up and bruised; the negatives are losing good mojo, losing conditioning and timing due to lack of gym time, too many games in too short a time period, or not enough games over a two-week period.

Since most teams within a district will experience similar weather, it might not make much of a difference for district tourneys. But beyond that, the region tourneys and the Sweet-16 may be different stories. Only after-the-fact hindsight may provide us with 20/20 insight, but are there any other speculators out there wanting to address this subject? Please chime in.

:dancingpa

What do you propose be done?

Very good Frank, during the Miss Universe pagent no less.

[ATTACH]30399[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30400[/ATTACH]

Been there a couple of times........on someone else's $ (and that is HIGHLY unlikely to happen again!). Great place!

I loved the Leap of Faith waterslide. I have habitually low blood pressure because of a health condition but a early morning ride on that thing usually took care of that!

One reason I'd like to go back would be to ride on the new water slides.

From these pictures, may I deduce you are suggesting we move our games to the tropics?! Might would work but our county has banned all out of state travel (an issue for another thread I guess)!

We would only be complaining about the heat if we did that!

Just delay everything a week and give us some time to make some of these games up.

Kind of tough to ask college arenas to shuffle their schedules this late in the game, which is what you would be asking many of the region tournaments and both state tournaments to do.