Clark County 83 Lafayette 69

Refs were horrible in this game.

I normally don't commet much on the refs, but I have to agree with you. 4th quarter was awful.

Really proud of the Cards tonight. Players stepping up when they need to. Thought Charlie Rogers, Martin and Vancleve all did a good job coming off the bench tonight. Purvis started and is finally looking like he did before he got hurt. Takes awhile to come back from such a injury. Great game by Zollo. He was a beast tonight.

Lafayette has a good team, best of luck to them the rest of the season.

GRC plays Covington Scott tomorrow at 6:30.

Clark Co. 83 Lafayette 69
Clark Co. 16 24 25 18 83
Lafayette 16 16 10 27 69
Clark Co. (19-6) -- Daniel 20, Kindred 5, Zollo 28, Purvis 18, Co.Rogers 10, Ch.Rogers 2.
Lafayette (18-4) -- Yarbrough 15, Burton 8, Hagans 11, Walker 22, Napier 11, Davis 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040329.html?appSession=473137475300844&RecordID=5971&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=

I'm really surprised by this one. I thought Lafayette would press more and give Clark Co. a very close game, especially without Stenzel. But they didn't play hard at all until Clark got up by 20+ in the 3rd qtr. Daniels looked very good I thought. As did Zollo and Purvis. Thats a big win for Clark, but a poor effort IMO by Lafayette.

I'm really surprised by this one. I thought Lafayette would press more and give Clark Co. a very close game, especially without Stenzel. But they didn't play hard at all until Clark got up by 20+ in the 3rd qtr. Daniels looked very good I thought. As did Zollo and Purvis. Thats a big win for Clark, but a poor effort IMO by Lafayette.
\

So did I.

Daniels put up some good dunks tonight. Forgot to mention him earlier, he did have a good game.

Edited by gold sunrise

Article from the Lexington Hearld:

The Cards' superior size and shooting overwhelmed Lafayette.

Vinny Zollo, a 6-foot-8 junior, had 28 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks.

Travis Purvis, a 6-7 junior who missed last season with a knee injury, hit four of five three-pointers on his way to 18 points. He also had five rebounds and four assists.

"Within the last week and a half, Travis has gotten that passion and fever back, and it showed tonight," Humphrey said."

Jaylen Daniel, a 6-4 junior, had perhaps the best game of his career, contributing a season-high 20 points, eight rebounds and three assists. He also had seven turnovers, but Humphrey forgave those because Daniel ran the point against Lafayette's quick-handed defense.

"Jaylen was probably the key for us tonight the way he handled their pressure for 32 minutes," Humphrey said. "I thought he was outstanding."

Corey Rogers, a burly 6-5 junior, added 10 points and 13 rebounds.

Clark County built a 65-42 lead after three quarters thanks to 73 percent shooting (25-for-34, including 7-for-9 on threes).

http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/1137400.html