The problem really is just Trinity & Saint X., right?

98NCCalum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. It goes in other sports too. Yesterday's Ky Post said that Cov Cath had won the last 4 boys NKY regional golf championships. It goes beyond just football. Football may have been the last straw but that camel's hump has a bunch of straws on it.
Again, take out T&X and the "problem" is so not noticeable that it's beyond hilarious.

Again, take out T&X and the "problem" is so not noticeable that it's beyond hilarious.

That may be from your vantage point but not mine. The people I deal with in my part of the world have felt that is/was a problem and T NOR X existed in my life until BGP and the past month. I have never seen either play in any sport nor feel the need. BUT, do feel that the private/public area is an area of great concern and something needs to address this issue. Is dividing the schools into 2 classes the answer. Don't know. Might be. Might not be. But it is an issue beyond T & X. Now T & X supporters who feel the HS athletic world revolves around them may feel different but I believe the VAST majority of public schools would tell you it does not.

That may be from your vantage point but not mine. The people I deal with in my part of the world have felt that is/was a problem and T NOR X existed in my life until BGP and the past month. I have never seen either play in any sport nor feel the need. BUT, do feel that the private/public area is an area of great concern and something needs to address this issue. Is dividing the schools into 2 classes the answer. Don't know. Might be. Might not be. But it is an issue beyond T & X. Now T & X supporters who feel the HS athletic world revolves around them may feel different but I believe the VAST majority of public schools would tell you it does not.

I would expand it to include Sacred Heart and Assumption on the girls side. Beyond that, what schools have dominated? What "problems" are these proposals intended to fix and in what way do they fix them?

I would expand it to include Sacred Heart and Assumption on the girls side. Beyond that, what schools have dominated? What "problems" are these proposals intended to fix and in what way do they fix them?

I would agree with the two you mention but through Lex Catholic in there. Also, it is not just about state titles, but regional dominance. As I have mentioned NO Class A public school has won the Class A regional title since the early 90's and Walton Verona who is no longer even in region 9. Private schools have passed that trophy around. Brossart has been dominate in basketball in the 10th region on both sides, girls and boys. Track and field has seen Brossart meet with a lot of success.

Of course you have the whole University Heights issue. Notre Dame has been pretty powerful in volleyball and soccer in NKY. Lex Christian is becoming a powerhouse in several different sports and I believe won the baseball championship this past year. Rose Hill, of course, had the OJ years that gave private schools a black eye. Those are the ones off the top of my head.

What sport has a private school dominated in the last 50 years to warrant being kicked out, it was not for the Louisville "super schools"?

Volleyball. Obviously not by T and X, but by their little sisters in Louisville.

I think they fall in this category.... ;)

I would agree with the two you mention but through Lex Catholic in there. Also, it is not just about state titles, but regional dominance. As I have mentioned NO Class A public school has won the Class A regional title since the early 90's and Walton Verona who is no longer even in region 9. Private schools have passed that trophy around. Brossart has been dominate in basketball in the 10th region on both sides, girls and boys. Track and field has seen Brossart meet with a lot of success.

Of course you have the whole University Heights issue. Notre Dame has been pretty powerful in volleyball and soccer in NKY. Lex Christian is becoming a powerhouse in several different sports and I believe won the baseball championship this past year. Rose Hill, of course, had the OJ years that gave private schools a black eye. Those are the ones off the top of my head.

I think you could also find public schools that have had good runs. I still think that it is not enough to say that you don't like the results. To justify any changes you have to list the problem you are trying to fix.

What sport has a private school dominated in the last 50 years to warrant being kicked out, it was not for the Louisville "super schools"?

The issue at hand is not the last 50 years but the last 10. As has been mentioned the last 10 has seen 41% of the state titles go to a population that represents 17% of the schools.

If you are limiting your view to football, I would say the answer is none. If you want to include the many other sports that the proposal does than you have several schools that have dominated and may deserve their separate class.

BTW, private schools are not being kicked out of the KHSAA but a separate class is being proposed. They can still chose to be members of the KHSAA.

I think you could also find public schools that have had good runs. I still think that it is not enough to say that you don't like the results. To justify any changes you have to list the problem you are trying to fix.

I agree that there are public schools that have made nice runs. But the facts are that since 1995, 17% of the KHSAA membership has won 41% of the state championships.

The issue at hand is not the last 50 years but the last 10. As has been mentioned the last 10 has seen 41% of the state titles go to a population that represents 17% of the schools.
Do this....

Take T&X out and rework your numbers....and get back to me. What I stated originally is true. The problem is T&X and they are punishing other schools for it.

If you are limiting your view to football, I would say the answer is none. If you want to include the many other sports that the proposal does than you have several schools that have dominated and may deserve their separate class.

BTW, private schools are not being kicked out of the KHSAA but a separate class is being proposed. They can still chose to be members of the KHSAA.

Why does domination of results justify separation? That just penalizes success. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm still looking for the problems that these proposals are intended to fix.