Should the B.O.C. and the author of each Prop hold open forums?

All Play No Work

And that is what I am trying to get across that based upon the nature of their mission, they have different methods to accomplish. A public school should not be trying to draw from different communities, a private school must.

I don't see why, I think the system in Louisville for public schools has worked well and should actually be a model for the rest of the state.

If I'm Kid A growing up in Taylor Mill and if I want to go to Dixie Heights I should be allowed to. I don't see any negative impact by lifting restrictions on public schools.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is what I am trying to get across that based upon the nature of their mission, they have different methods to accomplish. A public school should not be trying to draw from different communities, a private school must.

You could say the same thing about county schools that draw from many communities because they are the only school in the county. They have an additional advantage when there are no other schools in the area competing for their students. In other words, they're the only game in town.

I don't see why, I think the system in Louisville for public schools has worked well and should actually be a model for the rest of the state.

If I'm Kid A growing up in Taylor Mill and if I want to go to Dixie Heights I should be allowed to. I don't see any negative impact by lifting restrictions on public schools.

I hate to admit that anything from Louisville is good, :D but I would agree with your last paragraph except there WILL be adults who try to ruin it and make certain schools into even bigger powerhouses in sports and "recruiting" would be rampant.

You could say the same thing about county schools that draw from many communities because they are the only school in the county. They have an additional advantage when there are no other schools in the area competing for their students. In other words, they're the only game in town.

Yes. A define a community by the boundaries setup for that school. Some are a county basis, some are 1/2 a county and some are just a city/town. For example, Augusta is setup to educate the youth of Augusta. Bracken County is setup to educate the youth of Bracken County. Neither should be worried or aiming at drawing kids from any other counties to educate them.

St. Patrick located in Maysville is now looking to educate anyone that is interested in obtaining a Catholic education from Mason, Fleming, Bracken, Robertson, Harrison, some counties over in Ohio possible. They are aimed at drawing kids from a much larger area.

Both scenarios are needed and vital to our society. Both are good and serve a good purpose. But they are different in their methods.

Back to original question:

Does everyone believe that each person that casts a vote will have done their best to research and understand the effects of each proposal on the students in the school they represent AND the effects on other students in the other schools in KY??????

I do not believe every voter throughly understands each proposal hence the need for an open forum.

Back to original question:

Does everyone believe that each person that casts a vote will have done their best to research and understand the effects of each proposal on the students in the school they represent AND the effects on other students in the other schools in KY??????

I do not believe every voter throughly understands each proposal hence the need for an open forum.

I don't think 80 percent of the people who will vote for these proposals need anymore than minmimal research.

Why not? Some of the proposals could effect large numbers of students in the voters school and other schools. Why wouldn't they need to be informed of all possible consequences?

All these proposals or atleast a majority of them seem to be influenced by greed or being forced upon them. Its not about whats best for the community as whole, its more about how can I get more banners in my gymnasium.

Disagree, sort of. While the basic foundation is education, a public school's mission is to educate students in a specific community, while a private school's mission is to educate students of a specific faith. They may accept others outside that community or faith but that is NOT their primary mission. So their primary missions run in conflict of one another. Nothing wrong with either and both are needed. But they are different.

What faith do Kentucky Country Day and Louisville Collegiate School represent?

And since they have been included in this insanity, what faith do Fort Knox and Fort Campbell represent?

What faith do Kentucky Country Day and Louisville Collegiate School represent?

And since they have been included in this insanity, what faith do Fort Knox and Fort Campbell represent?

refer to posts 24 and 27 where I alter my post to generally private schools are, but not always. I did not realize that Fort Knox and Fort Campbell were considered private. I thought they would have been independent.

refer to posts 24 and 27 where I alter my post to generally private schools are, but not always. I did not realize that Fort Knox and Fort Campbell were considered private. I thought they would have been independent.

Someone who was jealous of Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell saw the opportunity to throw these two in also and so they did.