Dixie 56 Saint Henry 53

NKYBOY1487

All American

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate to say it, but officiating and how this game is officaited could be a big difference maker in the outcome of this one.

Good game by both teams but have to agree with NKYBOY1487 on this one.

St. Henry had 3 in double digits. 14 by Bessler, 13 by Carroll and 12 by Barnett.

Not sure about Dixie. They played with out Coach Chevy on the sidelines due to illness.

A very hard fought game by both teams.

Once the tech was called on Carroll it changed the game and the way St. Henry played. Took the air right out of the tires that had seemed to be rolling to a huge district victory.

I'm not going to comment on the T because I've heard two sides of the story. The more surprising version comes from the surprising side.

I think the no call on Pike before the technical was the turning point at the end it lead to the technical for "taunting". Carroll made a good move on him the play before and Pike picked up his 4th foul. At the other end Pike struggled to get open against Carroll and put a nice forearm/elbow into him, of course no call was made which would have been his 5th and possibly a flagrant foul putting Carroll at the line where he does not miss and the ball back to St.Henry. Pike goes to the bench with his 5th, Carroll stays in the game and the outcome could have been different for St. Henry. St. Henry and Dixie played well tonight fun game to watch.

If St Henry, esp its seniors, would have made some key foul shots in the fourth quarter, St Henry would have won this game, despite the ongoing Carroll circus. Conflicting stories on the technical foul, and about whether the final single act of "taunt-clapping" should have been a T. Even I didn't think that warranted the tech. BUT!!! According to some in close proximity to the floor, he had received at least one warning, even while sitting on the bench. I wonder how long do the SH players and coaches put up with this stuff. IMO--strike 2 1/2.

Edited by stihl
too emotional

Stihl, it's a good thing you edited that post because it was totally inappropriate. Your new one however is not much better. How dare you take a shot at a kid on the information of "some one in close proximity to the floor" Brian Carroll is a good kid who has worked hard and put up with a lot to play for this team. Unless you know exactly what went on you need to keep your tabloid journalism to yourself.

Remember this was a big game , full of emotion on both sides.

There are two sides to a story.....and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I'm glad I edited my post because it was inappropriate. I like Brian Carroll. I have seen him play for years. I think he is and has been one of THE most talented players in the region. SH needs him on the floor. That should be the goal.

From what I heard he's had back surgery in the past week or so. He'll be out for a long time and hopefully back by districts and regionals.

Tough story for a senior.

Trammell is a junior. I heard he was going to be out for three weeks, not sure what the accuracy of that statement is. Someone told me he was sitting the bench at the game last night.