Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Charge versus Block

Featured Replies

I understand the backward and sideways movement, or beating the offensive player to the spot, but what is the rule if the defensive player starts to fall or lean backwards before the contact?

 

I have seen this particular play called a charge all year and it's a block IMO, but I'm not sure what the actual rule is.

 

Usually if the player falls before contact there will be no call. However, if he has established his position and the offensive player still crashes into him despite him falling early it can still be a charge.

So a definsive player shouldn't be allowed to lean into a player to create a charge, but offensive players are allowed to lean into contact to create a foul? There also should be no fouls then on the defense when the offense is the one who creates the foul.

 

I know personally I love how they actually do call the charge in the college game. If they stop doing that, it will be to much like the NBA game, which at least for me I don't like. The only thing they should change in college, is put that little circle on the court under the rim.

 

A defensive player cannot lean forward. If he does, its a block.

I absolutley hate these calls. I wish they would do have a lot more no calls in hoops.

  • Author
I absolutley hate these calls. I wish they would do have a lot more no calls in hoops.

 

:thumb: That's where I am coming from too. Too many calls being made by the officials and too many still sliding defensive players get the charging call in college.

Usually if the player falls before contact there will be no call. However, if he has established his position and the offensive player still crashes into him despite him falling early it can still be a charge.

 

Thanks for the clarification!

I love the charge call. If a player is going to give up his body for the good of the team I am all for it.

  • Author
I love the charge call. If a player is going to give up his body for the good of the team I am all for it.

 

I like seeing someone take a charge also ... if it is truly a charge.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.