Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys State Rankings 12/9

Featured Replies

I don't know how Scott and Holmes can stay above GRC when Scott lost a game and Holmes was beaten, as well as beaten in a scrimmage by GRC. I know scrimmages don't count but they should carry a little weight when speculating rankings! :idunno:

In the end it will all be decided in March in the house that Rupp built!

 

Didn't GRC lose a scrimmage as well?

Not by Holmes, the point being Holmes and GRC have not played in the regular season but yet with one loss and a loss to GRC in a scrimmage should that not weigh into the speculation of this poll. Just like last season when Scott County was the darling of all the polls and didn't even make the sweet sixteen. Polls are an imperfect guess and it seems some teams get more respect even when they haven't earned it in thier entire body of work so far!:idunno:

I want to know how West Jessamine remains in the top 25 with a 1-2 record?

 

Good point. Polson seems to continue to get props too as a top player in the state, although he was outplayed by both of Boone County's guards in their game.

 

Outside the big three Holmes players, not many other 9th region players get recognition statewide. The 7th, 11th, and 9th regions are the toughest in the state overall and it would stand to reason that they have more of the top teams and more of the top players.

Not by Holmes, the point being Holmes and GRC have not played in the regular season but yet with one loss and a loss to GRC in a scrimmage should that not weigh into the speculation of this poll. Just like last season when Scott County was the darling of all the polls and didn't even make the sweet sixteen. Polls are an imperfect guess and it seems some teams get more respect even when they haven't earned it in thier entire body of work so far!:idunno:

 

Holmes is number one until someone in KY beats them.

 

IMO GRC is over-rated what have they accomplished so far? They are still a young team... Do they have senior leadership? I don't recall seeing a senior on their roster

 

How would they handle the pressure aginst a more experienced team in a game that counts? :idunno:

 

AND... I don't want to hear how they beat someone in a scrimmage

 

NO I'M NOT A GRC HATER :D

  • Author
Holmes is number one until someone in KY beats them.

 

IMO GRC is over-rated what have they accomplished so far? They are still a young team... Do they have senior leadership? I don't recall seeing a senior on their roster

 

How would they handle the pressure aginst a more experienced team in a game that counts? :idunno:

 

AND... I don't want to hear how they beat someone in a scrimmage

 

NO I'M NOT A GRC HATER :D

 

We have one senior, Chase Kindred. We have Robbie Stenzel, Jr that has started since the 8th grade. We also have starters back from last year, Rogers, and Zollo . Add in Daniels and Purvis, both have started this year. All but Kindred are Jrs. We are not young, some experience and tall. Are we over rated? I expect the rating to go up and down like a yo yo this year. Lots of good teams with very tuff schedules and other teams with weaker schedules. It gives us something to discuss during the year, the important rating is the one at the end.

Holmes is number one until someone in KY beats them.

 

IMO GRC is over-rated what have they accomplished so far? They are still a young team... Do they have senior leadership? I don't recall seeing a senior on their roster

 

How would they handle the pressure aginst a more experienced team in a game that counts? :idunno:

 

AND... I don't want to hear how they beat someone in a scrimmage

 

NO I'M NOT A GRC HATER :D

 

GRC is far from overrated...trust me. I saw them out at SK during a preseason scrimmage and they're a very good team.

 

Do they have weaknesses? Sure, but they are still very solid and could beat any team in the state on any given night. They're a legit top 5 team and I think it'll be shown when they match up with some of the better teams on their schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.