Consecutive Titles

Fort Campbell actually loses quite a bit this season. They had 17 seniors. The new starting quarterback should be Luke Reynolds, good arm, nice fundamentals, but not the same type of QB as Andrews.

Good sign for FC, if his father can stay here, is that Tre Powell will return. Aaron Hills, another strong underclassman skills player will be back.

They return two starters on the offensive line, losing tackle Anthony Topps. Jorstad should remain with the team if there's no plans for a family move. Clemens will also remain with the squad barring any movements.

Januchowski will move up to start at MLB while special teams ace Chance Von Dette will most likely slide up to fill the void left by Januchowski. #55, Harley Davis should look to put on some muscle in the offseason and move out to DE from DT.

I think them 4peating is going to be the more difficult for the program than getting their 2007 title.

With that said, Coach Berner is an outstanding coach that knows how to get the best out of his players......and who knows what kind of athletes will PCS into Fort Campbell in the upcoming offseason.

Later.

The Beechies almost won 7 in a row between 1991-1997. The one they didn't win (1995) was a 28-27 loss to Mayfield.

And of course there was that highly controversial finish vs. Murray in 1994.

Almost winning seven in a row means that six in a row were won, or is my math really that bad?

Later.

The Beechies almost won 7 in a row between 1991-1997. The one they didn't win (1995) was a 28-27 loss to Mayfield.

I still can picture the two point conversion attempt. Ouch.

Why does everyone still want to talk about the 94 game? If I live to be 90 I will still explain to people that we won the game. HA HA We have the rings and the trophy in the trophy case in Fort Mitchell. We are in the record books as the 94 Class A State Champs:laugh:

Boyle won their titles in 2A and 3A.

Because Beechwood won on a bad call by the official. They do have the rings, no doubt about that. But they owe that to an inadvertent whistle...not what they did on the field.

You didn't watch this game now did you to make a comment that what we did on the field didn't have anything to do with Us winning and Murray losing. I was a starting OL on the Beechwood team so I will give you the whole play by play of this game of the scoring. I told you this is a very sore subject with me after 15 years. Chris Chaney scored to make it 7-0 Murray in the first. Greg Hergott throws a 63 yard touchdown pass to Brett Brockheft. We missed the extra point. We are down 7-6. Right before the half Jeff Lubbecht scores on 25 yard run. We miss the 2 Point Conversation. We are up 12-7 at the half. Murray comes out and scores on their first play of the second half to make it 14-12. Then comes the winning touchdown. Brett takes a pitch from Greg. He then cuts behind a key block from myseld and yes I did say myself. He races 60 yards to make it 18-14 because we missed the 2 point Conversation. Murray had plenty of chances in this game late in the 4th Qtr win this game. They had the ball inside our red zone twice in the 4th Qtr and they couldn't punch it in. Then came the indvertent whistle so that would make the score Beechwood 18 Murray 14. Now tell me how what we did on the field that day we didn't earn it?

You can say what you what but if they would have won it would have been a cheap victory. You are right it was an inadvertent Whistle but I have friends who are refs who have told me that we would have won either way because we could have taken the play like we did or ran the play again.

So how didn't we earn that title?

You didn't watch this game now did you to make a comment that what we did on the field didn't have anything to do with Us winning and Murray losing. I was a starting OL on the Beechwood team so I will give you the whole play by play of this game of the scoring. I told you this is a very sore subject with me after 15 years. Chris Chaney scored to make it 7-0 Murray in the first. Greg Hergott throws a 63 yard touchdown pass to Brett Brockheft. We missed the extra point. We are down 7-6. Right before the half Jeff Lubbecht scores on 25 yard run. We miss the 2 Point Conversation. We are up 12-7 at the half. Murray comes out and scores on their first play of the second half to make it 14-12. Then comes the winning touchdown. Brett takes a pitch from Greg. He then cuts behind a key block from myseld and yes I did say myself. He races 60 yards to make it 18-14 because we missed the 2 point Conversation. Murray had plenty of chances in this game late in the 4th Qtr win this game. They had the ball inside our red zone twice in the 4th Qtr and they couldn't punch it in. Then came the indvertent whistle so that would make the score Beechwood 18 Murray 14. Now tell me how what we did on the field that day we didn't earn it?

You can say what you what but if they would have won it would have been a cheap victory. You are right it was an inadvertent Whistle but I have friends who are refs who have told me that we would have won either way because we could have taken the play like we did or ran the play again.

So how didn't we earn that title?

The whistle should have never been blown by the official. If he doesn't blow the whistle, the play where the Qb tosses the ball into the air and the Murray player catches it in the end zone is a touchdown and Murray wins. Cheap or not. One of the worst calls I have ever seen at a high school event of that magnitude. The whistle should have never been blown due to the official not knowing the rule.