Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best 10th Region Player Ever?

Best 10th Region Player? 101 members have voted

  1. 1. Best 10th Region Player?

    • Chris Lofton Mason Co
      67%
    • Alvin Simms Paris
      4%
    • Chris Harrison Tollesboro
      0%
    • Ronnie Lyons Mason Co
      7%
    • Deron Feldhaus Mason Co
      7%
    • George Cooke Maysville
      0%
      0
    • Warren Cooper Bracken Co.
      1%
    • Shawn Myrick Mason Co.
      0%
      0
    • James Smith Maysville
      0%
      0
    • other?
      8%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Lofton was one of the most unique player that comes along every so many years, he is truely one of kind, Mason County fans I'm sure would agree. :thumb: :devil:

I vote Corey Williams, he could take you out of the game prior to tipoff with his exhibition of dunks. CLo wasn't too bad.

My vote is with Ronnie Lyons, this guy was a stud in high school.

Lofton based on accomplishments. I'd throw Simms in there as well.

I vote Corey Williams, he could take you out of the game prior to tipoff with his exhibition of dunks. CLo wasn't too bad.

?????

How many region titles did Williams win?

Didn't think so...Lofton

Lofton based on accomplishments. I'd throw Simms in there as well.

 

I agree with you on Simms, I've seen him play in the Class A tournament at Deming one year, man he had a thunderous dunk. :thumb: :devil:

Who is the best player from the 10th region?

 

The way the question is worded I would have to choose a player from our school - little old MMI!

 

Tom Boerwinkle went on to play at Tennessee and then into the NBA for 12 years with the Chicago Bulls.

 

If it was the best player while IN the 10th Region, I may have to agree with Lofton.

 

DAVE

  • Author

It was a tough decision on who to include in the list. Others could be worthy of mention.

Nathan Seiter was a special one even though he was only in for about a year.

?????

How many region titles did Williams win?

Didn't think so...Lofton

 

Since when did the qualifications change for best player ever?

Since when did the qualifications change for best player ever?

Qualifications didn't change - I don't know if there was a year in which he was the clear cut #1 player in the tenth.

Dunking doesn't make a good player.

Dunking doesn't make a good player.

 

IMO dunking is just worth two points and is not important. It may get the crowd going and yelling but if that is all that you can do you are not a complete player. I have seen many people who do crazy dunks in warm-ups then they get into a game and can't hit the backboard on a jumpshot. Give me a well-rounded, fundamental player, and I will take him over a "high flyer" any day!!!!!!!!!

Never said dunking was important, and believe me I know it doesn't make you a good player but he was very intimidating. Remember Lofton is the best I've seen but Williams could take you out of the game in the first minute of warmups.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.