Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Stanford Predictions

Featured Replies

I wasn't there, of course, but I didn't get where he was questioning PP's toughness with those quotes. I thought Cal was saying we are good here, no reason to test your ankle any further. Seriously, why on Earth would Cal want Pat to play with pain at that game? What would be the point? In March maybe, but not now.:confused:

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...

 

Tipton never ceases to amaze me.

 

 

 

So you're saying he made up the quote by Coach Cal? :confused:

So you're saying he made up the quote by Coach Cal? :confused:

 

No, but I think he misinterpreted it by a long shot.

No, but I think he misinterpreted it by a long shot.

 

 

 

I don't think it's a long shot at all. Coach Cal has been questioning his team's toughness all season long.

 

 

We started the game, again, by getting outmuscled and outhustled," the UK coach said. " ... We're setting ourselves up for failure."

"Every team knows to come in and throw us around," Calipari said. "Well, we're setting ourselves up for failure. ... I'm looking at us, and we're not right. It's a team that's not going to have success when we go into league play against better opponents."

^^ I agree with that, I'm just saying I think he misinterpreted the PPat quote. I heard him talk extensively after one of the wins about his fear this team would be looked at as soft. I just don't think he was questioning Pat with this quote.

^^ I agree with that, I'm just saying I think he misinterpreted the PPat quote. I heard him talk extensively after one of the wins about his fear this team would be looked at as soft. I just don't think he was questioning Pat with this quote.

 

 

So you think Patterson is exempt from the talk?

  • Author
I don't think it's a long shot at all. Coach Cal has been questioning his team's toughness all season long.

 

 

We started the game, again, by getting outmuscled and outhustled," the UK coach said. " ... We're setting ourselves up for failure."

"Every team knows to come in and throw us around," Calipari said. "Well, we're setting ourselves up for failure. ... I'm looking at us, and we're not right. It's a team that's not going to have success when we go into league play against better opponents."

 

It is a long shot. No coach is going to test the toughness of a potential All-American in a tournament that really has no meaning and the game is not even really in question. Cal may feel that the team is getting pushed around and playing soft, but in no way is he going to risk putting Patterson back out there to possibly lose him the rest of the season.

So you think Patterson is exempt from the talk?

 

No, I think Tipton turned the quote about Pat's ankle into a toughness issue. Notice he says "Calipari seemed to question..." seemed being the key word there. I just cannot imagine why Calipari would want his preseason AA to play on a bum ankle on a crappy gym floor, up by 20, in December. IMO, Tipton has a history of reaching with his articles and I think he was reaching here.

It is a long shot. No coach is going to test the toughness of a potential All-American in a tournament that really has no meaning and the game is not even really in question. Cal may feel that the team is getting pushed around and playing soft, but in no way is he going to risk putting Patterson back out there to possibly lose him the rest of the season.

 

Yeah, what he said.:thumb::lol:

I'm fine as long as Cal doesn't say "We just flat out got whipped, they whipped us..."

It is a long shot. No coach is going to test the toughness of a potential All-American in a tournament that really has no meaning and the game is not even really in question. Cal may feel that the team is getting pushed around and playing soft, but in no way is he going to risk putting Patterson back out there to possibly lose him the rest of the season.

 

No, I think Tipton turned the quote about Pat's ankle into a toughness issue. Notice he says "Calipari seemed to question..." seemed being the key word there. I just cannot imagine why Calipari would want his preseason AA to play on a bum ankle on a crappy gym floor, up by 20, in December. IMO, Tipton has a history of reaching with his articles and I think he was reaching here.

 

 

 

So what do you think he means by " if that's what the deal is"

 

 

It seems to me that he is calling the whole team soft by saying teams know they can come in and throw us around. If not, don't you think he would/should say that the rest of the team needs to take lessons from Patrick on toughness?

 

Personally, I have never thought Patrick to be soft. I've always seen him as a tough, agressive player who doesn't back down from anybody, but I honestly don't see Tipton's comments as that big of a reach. Would you be saying the same thing if John Clay had wrote the article?

Can we please suspend Jerry Tipton from BGP?

 

I don't care who is right it is comical/sad that people talk about him so much.

Kentucky wins big. Cousins with another double, double. Big blocks by Orton.

 

Kentucky 88-55

 

p.s. I do have this weird feeling it may be a lot closer than that, but I will go with my heart.

This game won't be close. I watched the Stanford/Virginia game last night and both teams were atrocious. The final was 57-52 :puke:. With that said, I'll take the Cats 85-60.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.