Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Hardin/Nelson County Predictions

Featured Replies

I'm pretty sure that if Nelson County loses, they do not make the playoffs. Who wins this big district match up?

  • Author

I heard Nelson is starting a different QB. For some dumb reason they are not starting their Senior on Senior night, who has been their starter all season. Sounds like the wheels are falling off the wagon.

I heard Nelson is starting a different QB. For some dumb reason they are not starting their Senior on Senior night, who has been their starter all season. Sounds like the wheels are falling off the wagon.

 

What has this change taking place? Who will take his place? Rough decision this late in the year

For Nelson to start the year with so mucch confidence, it seems as if there is more to this. I have watched several games of theirs and their QB is the best player on the team when put in the right situation. Coaching???

I was at practice yesterday and saw on changes at QB. What I saw was players flying around making plays and having fun. I'm not saying there won't be a change, I just didn't see it.

I had high hopes for Nelson this year. I didn't expect a deep playoff run, but at least for the team to make the playoffs and at least win a game. Now I do not think they make the playoffs. North will win this game and the fans will be upset with another year that showed promise early.

Its a must win game for both teams. I think Nelson Co. will win this one and get back on track.

The season has been a disappointment thus far,but things can change very quick on this level. With all of the preseason hype fallen by the wayside. The cards must get it done and get back to the playoffs. Anything less would be hard to swallow with the "makeup" of this team. The cards have experience, size, strength, & speed. This doesn't apply to "team" or strategy, but overall I felt that they would have been a little better this year. I have followed Nelson for my entire lifetime and always hope for the best so it would be great to go out on Senior night with a win.

Cards - 28

North Hardin - 21

I'm pretty sure that if Nelson County loses, they do not make the playoffs. Who wins this big district match up?

 

Not necessarily. Assuming Central Hardin also loses to Meade, there would then be a 3 way-tie for the last 2 spots. Central beat North, North would have beaten Nelson, and Nelson beat Central. Under the tie-breaking procedures, you then go to the victory totals of 4 teams (not counting one another) each has beaten on the schedule. The way I calculate it, Central has 16 points (Logan, Desales, E-Town and Larue), Nelson would have 10 (Marion Co. and Bardstown) and North currently has 9 (Larue and Bardstown). Obviously, their Week 10 opponents could up those totals.

 

It would be much preferred if we just beat them, however.

I'm looking NC to do a lot of option stuff this week — especially with field conditions likely to be a mess. Daniel Mudd — the kicker and Martinez' backup — was second-string QB last year behind Jordan Keene and is probably a little better suited to do the option stuff, so that's where that talk is coming from. Still, I don't know if keeping Martinez out of the offense altogether is the best plan either. He's too good a playmaker to just be playing on defense.

 

Honestly, I don't know what to expect.

North Hardin 27-19.

Nelson County's defense has been good most of the time. What they must do is get the offense going. They have lined up in Shotgun to pass, under center with some Option and a little WingT also some power running. What they have not done is be consistant in keeping the drives going. Its time for the upper classmen to step it up and refuse to let it come down to a tie breaker system.

Martinez is the best offensive weapon they have. Brooks can run when he wants to, but he seems to be "softer" than he was last year. He always bounced up ready to go. This could be a direct reflection of the coaching change from Bruner (hard-nosed) to Egli (passive). Martinez certainly isn't the fastest, but might be the best runner they have, especially when they are in the shotgun formation and receivers are headed downfield. The defense has been the strength this year, but they have been on the field too much & often find themselves defending in/near the redzone due to turnovers. It has been a season of disarray, but the good thing is if they make it to the playoffs, they will begin a whole new season.

  • Author

Martinez is the best QB on the team. He has been their playmaker all year long. He probably leads the team in rushing, and had 1000 yards passing thru 5 games. The coaches need to stop changing the offense from week to week, stop blaming the players, look in the mirror and take some responsibility for their own mistakes. The defense isn't bad but the coaches refuse to use their subs when the first teamers get tired and they end up giving the game away when the defense gets tired.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.