Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 34 Holmes 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Cooper fresh are very good . Nice game they moved the ball very good tonight.

This was a hard hitting game last night on both sides. I was impressed with the size of Holmes but I'm not sure if those were the sophomore's are not. I was also happy with Cooper's defensive play against Holmes. Holmes scored on a fumble return in the first half for their only score. Cooper worked on their passing game last night as Tyler Morris continued to impress with three TD passes, two to AJ Collins and one to Jared Blank. Jacob Smith ran hard and had two TD's rushing. It would be nice to have Centers back playing with the freshman as Cooper has their other starting LB, Sean Caudill, out due to injury, possibly for the year. That's two six foot plus LB's that will pop you in the run game. Collins, Blank and Smith changed defensive positions and all played LB last night and helped hold Holmes scoreless but they don't have the size that Centers and Caudill have. Hard fought win and overall good game.

This was a hard hitting game last night on both sides. I was impressed with the size of Holmes but I'm not sure if those were the sophomore's are not. I was also happy with Cooper's defensive play against Holmes. Holmes scored on a fumble return in the first half for their only score. Cooper worked on their passing game last night as Tyler Morris continued to impress with three TD passes, two to AJ Collins and one to Jared Blank. Jacob Smith ran hard and had two TD's rushing. It would be nice to have Centers back playing with the freshman as Cooper has their other starting LB, Sean Caudill, out due to injury, possibly for the year. That's two six foot plus LB's that will pop you in the run game. Collins, Blank and Smith changed defensive positions and all played LB last night and helped hold Holmes scoreless but they don't have the size that Centers and Caudill have. Hard fought win and overall good game.

 

 

No offense, but I think it is time to jump off the Taylor Centers gig. The young man has been moved up and is contributing greatly to the varsity team, which is more important than the freshman games. Instead of talking about how bad the freshman miss him, I think it is about time to start giving some credit to the young man for making great strides. Not to mention, I don't think this year's freshman team is lacking without him in the game, there are plenty of other kids on that team to contribute.:thumb:

As long as Tyler Morris stays at QB and DB, Cooper will be just fine. I believe he is more important to the freshman team than Centers.

No offense, but I think it is time to jump off the Taylor Centers gig. The young man has been moved up and is contributing greatly to the varsity team, which is more important than the freshman games. Instead of talking about how bad the freshman miss him, I think it is about time to start giving some credit to the young man for making great strides. Not to mention, I don't think this year's freshman team is lacking without him in the game, there are plenty of other kids on that team to contribute.:thumb:

 

I guess you are correct. There are plenty of kids on the freshman team that play very well and still have not lost without him. I don't see where one player is going to help Cooper's varsity this year, they are still young in spots and lack talent in other areas. :thumb:

As long as Tyler Morris stays at QB and DB, Cooper will be just fine. I believe he is more important to the freshman team than Centers.

 

I believe if you go back to my prior posts you will see I mentioned Tyler as one player this team could not afford to lose. :thumb:

I guess you are correct. There are plenty of kids on the freshman team that play very well and still have not lost without him. I don't see where one player is going to help Cooper's varsity this year, they are still young in spots and lack talent in other areas. :thumb:

 

 

I think one player can help a team a great deal when he is the best fit for a position that you need on that team. Not to mention if a freshman is capable of playing on varsity, why not go ahead and play him that way another player doesn't have to go both ways like Cooper has to do?

Cooper fresh. are good solid team. I just hope there varsity coach starts trying to build a program. Seems to me there are alot of issues that need to be addressed. I know alot of parents that are not very happy at the freshman level. They see what they got to look forward too. He will have his hands full with them unless he gets some of those things worked out bye next year.

Cooper fresh. are good solid team. I just hope there varsity coach starts trying to build a program. Seems to me there are alot of issues that need to be addressed. I know alot of parents that are not very happy at the freshman level. They see what they got to look forward too. He will have his hands full with them unless he gets some of those things worked out bye next year.

 

If someone isn't happy in an undefeated season and thinks there are problems, I think the answer to the problems might be found by looking in the mirror.

Cooper fresh. are good solid team. I just hope there varsity coach starts trying to build a program. Seems to me there are alot of issues that need to be addressed. I know alot of parents that are not very happy at the freshman level. They see what they got to look forward too. He will have his hands full with them unless he gets some of those things worked out bye next year.

 

As a Freshman parent I have not heard much from the few parents I speak with. I have heard a lot from the Varsity parents. I have taken most "with a grain of salt" because you cannot judge Borchers for wins and losses based on the situation of a new school. Most varsity parents seem to have other issues beyond wins and losses though. Something had to do with a program and website being removed but that may not fall on the coach. All I know is the Freshman coaches have been great to deal with from pre-season workouts and throughout the season. Of course, when you win, most things take care of themselves. :thumb:

The worst people to ask about a coach are parents.

The worst people to ask about a coach are parents.

 

Is that what the Park Hills Mafia is about? :D

 

 

 

 

 

Just joking...

As a Freshman parent I have not heard much from the few parents I speak with. I have heard a lot from the Varsity parents. I have taken most "with a grain of salt" because you cannot judge Borchers for wins and losses based on the situation of a new school. Most varsity parents seem to have other issues beyond wins and losses though. Something had to do with a program and website being removed but that may not fall on the coach. All I know is the Freshman coaches have been great to deal with from pre-season workouts and throughout the season. Of course, when you win, most things take care of themselves. :thumb:

 

It has nothing to do with wins and losses. It has to do with building a program. Do most schools have there varsity coach and there assistants speak to the freshman coaches and players or go out of there way to look the other way when they come in a door? I hate to coach bash but from people I talk to they say that Borchers has told the freshman coaches not to be on the sidelines on Friday nights. Borchers told them that the varsity assistant coaches didn't feel right having them there. Mind you, the coaches that I saw from the stands "were not" coaching the kids but mearly standing on the track behind the action. You would think that the coach would want his lower level coaches learning how he does things. I have had varsity parents tell me that Borchers does not return e-mails or phone calls, that has to do with banquets and fundraising. There is a big mess with a program that didn't get done for football and that was an AD thing but no backing from the coach. Every varsity parent that I have heard feels sorry for this program and believes the freshman kids who are very talented are not going to be coached to be successful. There are so many more issues that Borchers and the AD have with this program that people don't realize. This school should do all possible to fix things before next season. The coaches should all be on the same TEAM and not be jealous over one being more successful than the other. The kids seem to get along just fine.:madman:

I think that the parents should give the guy a chance! Most issues have been out side the field . You get that at any school new or old ! Borchers has done a good job from what i can tell . Give him a few years to get a program started. When he gets more than 9 seniors on his team then you can judge.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.