Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 16th Region

Featured Replies

Should be interesting to watch Greenup vs Raceland this season.

 

Coach Hoof has some options behind the plate with Jones or Miller competing for the starting job.

 

 

:confused::confused:Did you watch alot of Raceland baseball last year. Jones should be the starting catcher. I know from what I seen last year the Miller boy has some work to do unless he made strides in fall ball to improve.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't that the truth, but with Barr I believe his is an actual physical change of address, which makes him eligibile ( I think, kinda hard to predict KHSAA's viewpoints) :idunno:

 

I really feel bad for a kid who has to move to a new house and go to a new school a few miles away this close to graduation. I guess maybe there was a change of employment or something and it could not be avoided. Surely the KHSAA will understand, they are understanding people, they will know it wasn't baseball related. :rolleyes:

:confused::confused:Did you watch alot of Raceland baseball last year. Jones should be the starting catcher. I know from what I seen last year the Miller boy has some work to do unless he made strides in fall ball to improve.

 

I did watch a game or three, my understanding of high school athletics is that every position is open at the beginning of the season. :popcorn:

I did watch a game or three, my understanding of high school athletics is that every position is open at the beginning of the season. :popcorn:

 

True but you got to be able to play the position to have a shot of getting the position.

With Barr gone, and Rister leaving, Raceland loses a catcher and ss, what other holes to fill and who do you all see playing these positions?

One of the parents told me that Raceland needs first baseman, second baseman, shortstop, catcher. Raceland lost 3 seniors last year and lost Barr and Rister for this coming season. If anybody trying to do the math they lost 5 players and two of the seniors that is gone switched off at first base and pitcher from last year.

I think Jones will play catcher. The Bonzo boy has played second. He is a possibility. Where do you think Huffman will play. He is usually in Center and comes in to pitch. Will that stay the same? Third will be Reed. Than there is Mckee. We know he will pitch but where to put the lefty. Ratcliff has played outfield. What do you think?

Folks need to not give up on Raceland. I feel those boys will step up. I know the rep for Raceland that it is a football school. Even with that said those boys were predicted to lose since they lost the full starting line. Well they stepped up and got to the same place the other teams have. These boys know they are down players but that being said they will step up.

Folks need to not give up on Raceland. I feel those boys will step up. I know the rep for Raceland that it is a football school. Even with that said those boys were predicted to lose since they lost the full starting line. Well they stepped up and got to the same place the other teams have. These boys know they are down players but that being said they will step up.

 

:thumb:

Watch out for Fleming County this year, its going to be a big year for them.

Dont count on Barr, he may not be in Orange catchers gear this year.
Best move Jeremy could have made. I like Coach Hoof, classy guy who is fun to be around. But facts are facts. Raceland concentrates on Football and Basketball as far as facilities go. My son played varsity ball there from 7th grade on. Not one thing was ever done to improve the playing field or any other part of the complex. Couldn't even get new uniforms. Score board was terrible, sound system was awful. Didn't even have running water in the concession stand. there's no excuss for that when other sports gets new equiptment every year. When you have to bend over with a can of spray paint to put lines down the base paths you have a problem. So, I can't blame Barr for transferring, go where the school supports its baseball. Apperance is a big factor in sports. Good-luck Jeremy, I wish you the best. Remember, respect the game, and in return the game will respect you!!!:thumb:

Boyd County takes a hit with the transfer of Tyler Arthur to Lex Cath. :walk:

Best move Jeremy could have made. I like Coach Hoof, classy guy who is fun to be around. But facts are facts. Raceland concentrates on Football and Basketball as far as facilities go. My son played varsity ball there from 7th grade on. Not one thing was ever done to improve the playing field or any other part of the complex. Couldn't even get new uniforms. Score board was terrible, sound system was awful. Didn't even have running water in the concession stand. there's no excuss for that when other sports gets new equiptment every year. When you have to bend over with a can of spray paint to put lines down the base paths you have a problem. So, I can't blame Barr for transferring, go where the school supports its baseball. Apperance is a big factor in sports. Good-luck Jeremy, I wish you the best. Remember, respect the game, and in return the game will respect you!!!:thumb:
:thumb:

Raceland continues to possibly be losing players. Last I heard one might be due to have surgery.

yup its a shame that Raceland has lost key players at key position for various reasons. I think RWHS has a number of quality young players that would have benefited from another year on JV with limited varisty time, now these kids will be thrusted in to the "bigs" but they should come together well. Kind of a theme at Raceland that all the players bond well and play together. Kudus to the coaching staff.

Maybe 12 -15 wins and if the ball takes a friendly hop hopefully a trip back to Morehead State.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.