Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 16th Region

Featured Replies

Best move Jeremy could have made. I like Coach Hoof, classy guy who is fun to be around. But facts are facts. Raceland concentrates on Football and Basketball as far as facilities go. My son played varsity ball there from 7th grade on. Not one thing was ever done to improve the playing field or any other part of the complex. Couldn't even get new uniforms. Score board was terrible, sound system was awful. Didn't even have running water in the concession stand. there's no excuss for that when other sports gets new equiptment every year. When you have to bend over with a can of spray paint to put lines down the base paths you have a problem. So, I can't blame Barr for transferring, go where the school supports its baseball. Apperance is a big factor in sports. Good-luck Jeremy, I wish you the best. Remember, respect the game, and in return the game will respect you!!!:thumb:

 

I would love to see some money put into the facilities at Raceland for the baseball team, I think this where the A.D. @ RWHS drops the ball. Coach Hoof is a great guy and coach but his heart lies with football. Take other area schools like a Greenup, a Boyd county, and an Ashland these schools all have nice fields and concentrate on baseball year round with fall teams and winter conditioning programs. It would be nice to see RWHS field a fall team -- scratch that I am sure a number of those boys play football.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland continues to possibly be losing players. Last I heard one might be due to have surgery.

 

He had surgery two weeks ago and will be out 4-6 months.

I think RWHS Ram and I are talking bout someone different. I knew that one happened.

I think RWHS Ram and I are talking bout someone different. I knew that one happened.

 

I was hoping his injury was not bad enough to require surgery.

Probably not talking about same injury either.

Barr is in Green and looking good. He is a good fill in for Logan. He is in the best shape ever and working hard for the spot as catcher. keep up the good work and good Luck your number 1 Fan.:dancingpa

Surgery is confirmed for the boy at Raceland. Hopefully he will recover quickly.

It's a shame that ADI does not do a season preview for baseball like they do the other two major sports:confused:

I agree with Option about a preview. There is some major talent in our region in baseball so I see no reason not to do a preview. Huffman at Raceland had surgery on Friday and will be out several days. It will be close to see if doctors release for spring break. Those are the reports I have been getting.

Looks like Raceland is going with Jones and Miller to share time catching, to replace the loss of Barr.

Greenup and Russell scrimaging Tuesday at Greenup. Any other scrimages in the 16th?

East Carter @ Mason Co. on Mon. evening, then vs Lex Cath possibly later in the week.

Raceland @ East Carter 3/16/10

Raceland @ East Carter 3/16/10

 

rescheduled for Friday-- let the spring season begin:thumb:

East will be short-handed with 6 kids still playing basketball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.