October 7, 200916 yr The Bengals are 11 out of 32 in rush yards. :idunno: I guess Minnesota isn't a good run team either? They are 3 yards ahead of the Bengals. The Bengals are also only one spot ahead of St. Louis. I guess they are good. Stats don't always tell the story. I'm just giving an opinion that they aren't that good at running the ball. They pound it on 1st and 2nd down b/c they have this belief that you need to run to set up the pass. I think they are capable of passing to set up the run. I still feel they go 1-4 or 0-5 over the next 5 games.
October 7, 200916 yr The Bengals are also only one spot ahead of St. Louis. I guess they are good. Stats don't always tell the story. I'm just giving an opinion that they aren't that good at running the ball. They pound it on 1st and 2nd down b/c they have this belief that you need to run to set up the pass. I think they are capable of passing to set up the run. I still feel they go 1-4 or 0-5 over the next 5 games. Well if stats don't tell the story then you should have no beef with me thinking Baltimore is that great at stopping the run.
October 7, 200916 yr Well if stats don't tell the story then you should have no beef with me thinking Baltimore is that great at stopping the run. I don't have a beef w/ it. Where did I say I did? I'd be surprised if the Bengals go over 100 rushing this week. I hope I'm way off though.
October 7, 200916 yr The Bengals aren't a good running team either, but they'll try to run it anyway. I have a feeling this week is the start of a 1-4 or 0-5 slide for the Bengals unless they open the offense up more. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: now that is funny.
October 8, 200916 yr :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: now that is funny. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll talk about this in a month or so. I don't see them beating Baltimore or Pittsburgh on the road. I doubt they beat Baltimore at home. So if that happens they would have to beat Houston and Chicago to go 2-3. I hope I'm wrong, but I think their terrible special teams and bad coaching decisions catch up to them over the next 5 games. Everyone likes to say if it wasn't for a fluke play they'd be 4-0, but if you look at it another way they could easily be 0-4. The fact that they can't be counted on for short FG's or extra points isn't good.
October 8, 200916 yr ^ Did you think they would beat GB at GB or Pitt at home the first time? Nope, but I thought they could beat Denver. I still think they only win 6 or 7 games. They don't seem good enough to blow people out. They got up 14-0 to a terrible team and easily could have lost. I'd be shocked if they go 3-2 or better over the next 5, and surprised if they win 2.
October 8, 200916 yr Author Nope, but I thought they could beat Denver. I still think they only win 6 or 7 games. They don't seem good enough to blow people out. They got up 14-0 to a terrible team and easily could have lost. I'd be shocked if they go 3-2 or better over the next 5, and surprised if they win 2. Bringing up the Denver game to support your point isn't exactly helping. The denail that it was a fluke play is insane, and not to mention the they could be 0-4 argument to counter the Denver play is also off base. How can a fluke play be equated to the other 3 games in any way?
October 8, 200916 yr Nope, but I thought they could beat Denver. I still think they only win 6 or 7 games. They don't seem good enough to blow people out. They got up 14-0 to a terrible team and easily could have lost. I'd be shocked if they go 3-2 or better over the next 5, and surprised if they win 2. I seem to remember a certain Eagles team last year having a tie against a REALLY BAD Bengals team last year. But from what you are saying a good team can't have a close game against a bad team. So I guess you think that Eagles team who ended up in the NFC Championship game was a bad team? I don't know if you are a Bengals fan or not, but I really do think that Bengal fans have some of the most negative fans there are. Good team even have tough times with bad teams at some points, the key is to make sure that they still win it. I mean the Browns are the first bad team the Bengals have played this year, the Broncos are A LOT better than any of us thought. So the Browns were the only team that we would have had a realistic shot to blow out. All that matters is finding ways to win games, and that is what this team seems to do so far. I think its time for people to stop worrying about the past, and just be a fan. The past is the past, its what is here now and what we have now is a team that is in first place after a quarter of the season. Its time to get excited and just be a fan of the team, and stop thinking about the bad that could happen.
October 8, 200916 yr Nope, but I thought they could beat Denver. I still think they only win 6 or 7 games. They don't seem good enough to blow people out. They got up 14-0 to a terrible team and easily could have lost. I'd be shocked if they go 3-2 or better over the next 5, and surprised if they win 2. Horrible team - yes. But if you knew anything about the NFL, then you would know that getting a road win is HUGE and it doesn't matter who it is against. Bengals were only six point favorites on the road. It's hard to win on the road, BOTTOM LINE, and the Bengals have done it against the Packers after coming off a FLUKE loss.:sssh::thumb::idunno::eek::puke:
October 8, 200916 yr Bringing up the Denver game to support your point isn't exactly helping. The denail that it was a fluke play is insane, and not to mention the they could be 0-4 argument to counter the Denver play is also off base. How can a fluke play be equated to the other 3 games in any way? I never said it wasn't a fluke play. It obviously was, but they're a fumble recovery from Coles, a drop from Sweed, and a FG w/ 2 seconds left in OT from not having a win. I seem to remember a certain Eagles team last year having a tie against a REALLY BAD Bengals team last year. But from what you are saying a good team can't have a close game against a bad team. So I guess you think that Eagles team who ended up in the NFC Championship game was a bad team? I don't know if you are a Bengals fan or not, but I really do think that Bengal fans have some of the most negative fans there are. Good team even have tough times with bad teams at some points, the key is to make sure that they still win it. I mean the Browns are the first bad team the Bengals have played this year, the Broncos are A LOT better than any of us thought. So the Browns were the only team that we would have had a realistic shot to blow out. All that matters is finding ways to win games, and that is what this team seems to do so far. I think its time for people to stop worrying about the past, and just be a fan. The past is the past, its what is here now and what we have now is a team that is in first place after a quarter of the season. Its time to get excited and just be a fan of the team, and stop thinking about the bad that could happen. Were the Eagles up 14-0 that game? I'm not saying close games against bad teams don't happen. I'm saying when you get up 14-0 to a terrible team and don't get a first down for 2 hours that's bad. Good teams don't do that. Bengals fans are negative b/c they have memories. One winning year in 19 isn't good is it? Every year there's hope. Only once has that ended in a playoff appearance. Horrible team - yes. But if you knew anything about the NFL, then you would know that getting a road win is HUGE and it doesn't matter who it is against. Bengals were only six point favorites on the road. It's hard to win on the road, BOTTOM LINE, and the Bengals have done it against the Packers after coming off a FLUKE loss.:sssh::thumb::idunno::eek::puke: The Packers win was a huge win. They're all huge in the NFL. It doesn't change my opinion they are outcoached most games and have terrible mental mistakes every game. That has to catch up to a team that isn't clearly better than their opponents. I stick by my prediction that they'll go 1-4 over the next 5. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling the wheels are coming off.
October 11, 200916 yr OK I'll eat crowe. They should be 5-0. They can play defense and they are better than I thought. Its hard to win in the NFL w/ terrible special teams and coaching, but they are winning.
October 12, 200916 yr Oh and there is no other team to put at the top than the Bengals. They are 3-0 in the division and 2 are on the road. Right now in the division its: Cincy Balt Pitt Cleveland
October 12, 200916 yr OK I'll eat crowe. They should be 5-0. They can play defense and they are better than I thought. Its hard to win in the NFL w/ terrible special teams and coaching, but they are winning. Oh and there is no other team to put at the top than the Bengals. They are 3-0 in the division and 2 are on the road. Right now in the division its: Cincy Balt Pitt Cleveland I know its hard, but as a fan people have to forget about the past and not let that effect how you judge this years team. Every year is different, and I just think some Bengal fans need to realize that. I mean if some guys were more open about this team and just being a fan, they would have seen at the beginning of the year that this is not your normal Bengals team. I have been saying that all year, people can't let the past effect the players of today. It was really easy to see that this team was much better, and most people should have seen it earlier. However I am glad some of you all are coming around and realizing that this is not your normal Bengals team, they have a really good team this year. They play a tough schedule this year, so anything can happen. However they have a team that can win most of those games this year.
October 20, 200916 yr After 6 games, I have the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers all tied at 4-2. I still think Pittsburgh wins the division over a tough Baltimore team. I thought 3 weeks ago that the Pittsburgh would be tied for first after 6 weeks, but I did think that Balt would also be 4-2. I am still confident that Steelers still win the division, even though they have the undefeated vikings coming to town...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.