Top Players In The 14th Region Next Season

Actually, it was two sources, both 14th region coaches, but I'm sure it was mostly their opinions on the matter, but not that far-fetched and yes, Im told that some of the stand outs were there, though some were not. Personally, I think any player should feel honored to just get chosen and I'm sure most of them feel that way. I think you're still missing my point.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davidson is a very solid player. He has sound fundamentals and is an excellent athlete on top of that. He has been around a .400 hitter his entire high school career and from what I understand, performed well in the east-west game that he supposedly wasn't good enough to play in.

There are several talented players in this region and who is better will definitely differ from person to person. However, to say that Davidson didn't deserve to be in the all-star game is taking it a bit too far. In my mind, he is as talented as most in the region. You can say what you want, his numbers at the end of this season will do his talking.

I'm not sure if you are replying to me or not, but I never criticized Davidson or any other player. I think he is a pretty good ballplayer. You really should reread my posts again, carefully.

Actually, it was two sources, both 14th region coaches, but I'm sure it was mostly their opinions on the matter, but not that far-fetched and yes, Im told that some of the stand outs were there, though some were not. Personally, I think any player should feel honored to just get chosen and I'm sure most of them feel that way. I think you're still missing my point.

I must be missing your point. This is what I am getting out of it. The two coaches told you that they chose Buckhorn's coach to coach the 14th Region All Star game so he would choose their players for the team and play them more than anyone else. Is that what you are saying? If not, I apologize and I wish you would explain to me what you mean. If I am right, then the information you received was incorrect.

I must be missing your point. This is what I am getting out of it. The two coaches told you that they chose Buckhorn's coach to coach the 14th Region All Star game so he would choose their players for the team and play them more than anyone else. Is that what you are saying? If not, I apologize and I wish you would explain to me what you mean. If I am right, then the information you received was incorrect.

I did not mean that two coaches I talked to said their players were chosen in exchange for the Buckhorn coach taking the all star team. It was two coaches who spoke at different times. One said the all star team would be coached by the two coaches who made it to the regional finals. And the other said that it just appeared to him that a couple of coaches kind of wanted the Buckhorn guy to coach the all star team. It didn't have anything to do with his players. I didn't talk to the coaches who supposedly wanted Buckhorn's coach to take the team. As I said earlier, I think it was just an OPINION of this 3rd person based on what he saw. I also said it was a SOMEWHAT reliable source. And you are making way too big of a deal about this whole thing!

I believe that 14th region isn't coached by the last two coaches in the region finals. The coaches are picked when they meet for the 14th region pairings. That's my understanding.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. The games are over and done with. Let's get back on topic.

I believe that 14th region isn't coached by the last two coaches in the region finals. The coaches are picked when they meet for the 14th region pairings. That's my understanding.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. The games are over and done with. Let's get back on topic.

I agree. Let's get back to the subject. There are a lot of great players in the 14th Region this season. Bowling from Owsley will have a great year with the addition to Smith. Bowling will be able to play to his ability without having to carry the complete load for Owsley. Stamper from Wolfe Co. is a very good player and will really improve Wolfe Co. this season.

We have a great deal of talent in the 14th. I wonder if we could hold a preseason All Star type game. The purpose was to make some kids visible to collegiate coaches as well as reward them. I think if they were seen early then you might get a collegiate coach to come and if he sees something he likes then he could follow that young man during his senior season and possibly open a door that would have otherwise been closed. You would probably get the better kids since the season would not have taken place and you would not be competing with vacations,camps, etc. I am sure there are pitfalls in the early spring as well but it might be worth looking at if you are truly trying to promote the young men and are trying to help further their baseball careers. JMO You might also have more coaches get involved since it would be early and not after a hectic,tiring season. Have a rules clinic or medical symposium earlier in the day. Might kill 2 or 3 birds with the same rock. Just thinking. :cool:

What about Powell County, they lost alot of talent last year..will still have 4 returning starters,but lots of hidden talent on the team,heard rumors that atleast 30 or 40 students coming out for the team this year..some big shoes to replace in the outfield this year,and also at second,keenan muncie will have a big impact on the team as well as colten king,both seniors and have lots of leadership,alot of talk about leslie and lee county this year..i think powell could be a contender for the 14th region title,but thats jmo

What about Powell County, they lost alot of talent last year..will still have 4 returning starters,but lots of hidden talent on the team,heard rumors that atleast 30 or 40 students coming out for the team this year..some big shoes to replace in the outfield this year,and also at second,keenan muncie will have a big impact on the team as well as colten king,both seniors and have lots of leadership,alot of talk about leslie and lee county this year..i think powell could be a contender for the 14th region title,but thats jmo

How will their pitching staff look?

I beleive Jermy Shepard of leslie will be the top outfilder in the 14th next season.

That's hard to believe!Leslie has the top Pitcher,Catcher,Infielder,outfielder,DH,relief pitcher,closer,coach,manager,water boy,bat boy,score keeper,P.A. announcer,concession stand workers,foul ball chasers,and team.Give me a break! :fire:

That's hard to believe!Leslie has the top Pitcher,Catcher,Infielder,outfielder,DH,relief pitcher,closer,coach,manager,water boy,bat boy,score keeper,P.A. announcer,concession stand workers,foul ball chasers,and team.Give me a break! :fire:

Wait a minute here! We have the best consession workers. :D

All kidding aside... I believe that there are a few posters that are boasting they have the best. The only way to prove that is on the field. Leslie has a good team and so don't PCC. I believe that next season is going to be a toss up. KCC beat, I think, the best team in the region in the regional tournament, Lee County. But fell to the third best team in the region , PCC.

You can boast the best players, but it's a team effort. And so the saying goes "On any given day....". You know the rest.

hahaha....that is one of the funniest posts ive seen on here in quite a while.

Let's not start the water boy thing again lol Don't you remember the talk about a school in Perry County" & there waterboy?? I'm not gonna talk about specifics because I don't feel like getting suspended.

Let's not start the water boy thing again lol Don't you remember the talk about a school in Perry County" & there waterboy?? I'm not gonna talk about specifics because I don't feel like getting suspended.

No I don't remember that,Have no clue what you are talking about!I have never been in on a conversation involving a waterboy.