Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Etiquette question regarding my son’s first birthday

Featured Replies

First of all I admit completely at being a moron, lets get that out of the way. My son is about to turn a year old (9-10) and we are having a birthday party for him. At first I didn't get it at all, he isn't going to remember it so what is the point? But my wife and apparently the rest of mankind thinks it important so that argument didn't go very far.

 

My question is, who do you invite to these? What is the cutoff? I've never been invited to a one-year old party (I think my wife was to her cousin's daughter so maybe by default that includes me) and I'm at a loss here.

 

Family obviously, but after that who?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invite no one, lol. JMO here, but it's pointless, and nothing but a waste of money to have a birthday party for a one year old. The kid won't remember it or know what's going on. Yeah, maybe they'll get an extra sugar high from the cake that day, but that's about it.

 

Is this a birthday party for the kid, or for your wife?

Edited by Aiden Seamus

Immediate family, take a few pictures and make your wife happy!

Invite the neighborhood little kids, and their parents (tell them no presents) over and have fun with it. If you haven't lived in the neighborhood very long or even if you have, it's a great way to meet the kids your child will be playing/going to school with and their parents.

 

Buy a cake and Kool Aid it won't cost much. Have fun with it and take pictures so when you child is away at college or married, you can look back at the pictures and enjoy the times you had.

Invite the neighborhood little kids, and their parents (tell them no presents) over and have fun with it. If you haven't lived in the neighborhood very long or even if you have, it's a great way to meet the kids your child will be playing/going to school with and their parents.

 

Buy a cake and Kool Aid it won't cost much. Have fun with it and take pictures so when you child is away at college or married, you can look back at the pictures and enjoy the times you had.

 

I agree...Invite everyone...This is your son's first birthday...What a great day that is...Happy Birthday to your Son...:dancingpa

  • Author

It appears that most agree it is a waste of time, I would show my wife this post but I fear death.

  • Author
I agree...Invite everyone...This is your son's first birthday...What a great day that is...Happy Birthday to your Son...:dancingpa

 

Thank you very much!

Since your son won't remember, just get a keg and a couple of strippers and invite all your buddys from work. :D

First of all I admit completely at being a moron, lets get that out of the way. My son is about to turn a year old (9-10) and we are having a birthday party for him. At first I didn't get it at all, he isn't going to remember it so what is the point? But my wife and apparently the rest of mankind thinks it important so that argument didn't go very far.

 

My question is, who do you invite to these? What is the cutoff? I've never been invited to a one-year old party (I think my wife was to her cousin's daughter so maybe by default that includes me) and I'm at a loss here.

 

Family obviously, but after that who?

 

My wife and I, not having gone through this critical decision making exercise in quite some time, laughed very hard at the above.

Since your son won't remember, just get a keg and a couple of strippers and invite all your buddys from work. :D

 

:lol: What FC said.

  • Author
My wife and I, not having gone through this critical decision making exercise in quite some time, laughed very hard at the above.

 

But the question is, at the time of your decision some years ago what path did you choose?

  • Author
Since your son won't remember, just get a keg and a couple of strippers and invite all your buddys from work. :D

 

"Yes Judge, I had over co-workers for my son's birthday."

.....................

"No sir, I did not expect my wife to use the cake knife as a weapon."

......................

"Yes sir, it was poor judgement on my part."

 

:lol:

Since your son won't remember, just get a keg and a couple of strippers and invite all your buddys from work. :D

 

Exactly. Also works well for birthday #'s 2 and 3. #4 would be pushing it.

We have a 5 and almost 3 year old. I wish we would have gone much more low key on their first b-days seeing how they could care less. They like the boxes and cake that's about it lol. They are starting to like party's more but we still stick to immediate family b/c otherwise we end up with a ton of kids and it's more money.

I like the keg and strippers idea, which might stand to reason why I've yet to be married or even engaged :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.