Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Soccer Season

Featured Replies

Kenny Cooper has scored 2 goals in 3 games for TSV 1860 Munich.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even bigger is the fact that they lost 3 out of 4 fullbacks. Johnson is a step up to Dosena in pushing pace, but they lost Agger (for at least six weeks) and Skrtel. They are starting a 17 year-old at Centerback w/ Carragher. That's not good in the EPL.

 

Defense has always been their problem. Carragher and Skrtel would be backups at the other top 4 clubs.

Defense has always been their problem. Carragher and Skrtel would be backups at the other top 4 clubs.

 

They've pretty well for me on FIFA '09. Of course, I'm playing on easy.

They've pretty well for me on FIFA '09. Of course, I'm playing on easy.

 

They are good players, just not the same as John Terry, Ashley Cole, Ricardo Carvahlo, Jose Bosingwa, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, William Gallas, etc.

Have you guys watched Messi play yet?

Have you guys watched Messi play yet?

 

For the last 5 years. He is a great player.

For the last 5 years. He is a great player.

 

He may very well be thp player in the world this season.

  • Author

Since neither FSC or Setanta have rights to Spanish games, I won't get to see either Barcelona or Real until the group stage of the Champions League. Messi is certainly awesome, but it will be interesting to see what sort of numbers Christiano Ronaldo can create with that roster backing him up.

Since neither FSC or Setanta have rights to Spanish games, I won't get to see either Barcelona or Real until the group stage of the Champions League. Messi is certainly awesome, but it will be interesting to see what sort of numbers Christiano Ronaldo can create with that roster backing him up.

 

Ronaldo is a great player, as well, but Messi is just better from what I've seen. Kaka is a good player, too, but I would probably put him 3rd.

  • Author

Altidore continued his international tour of awesomeness today as he scored his first goal with Hull City in a Carling League Cup win over Southend United. He's certainly making an early splash in England.

Altidore continued his international tour of awesomeness today as he scored his first goal with Hull City in a Carling League Cup win over Southend United. He's certainly making an early splash in England.

 

He could have easily scored 2 goals in the game over the weekend. He makes Hull City an entirely different team. The U.S. can field a very dangerous World Cup team if every thing continues the way it's going.

Since neither FSC or Setanta have rights to Spanish games, I won't get to see either Barcelona or Real until the group stage of the Champions League. Messi is certainly awesome, but it will be interesting to see what sort of numbers Christiano Ronaldo can create with that roster backing him up.

 

I think ESPN is going to be broadcasting La Liga matches on Sunday.

 

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=656581&cc=5901

  • Author

Fantastic news. The first team from La Liga I've been able to see was Atletico Madrid, in their Champions League qualifying match against Panathiakos. I'm definitely an EPL fan first and foremost (if only because of the cultural and language similarities between the US and England) but I'm looking forward to ESPN's coverage of this league.

Now that I've truly discovered European soccer, this is going to make Fall/Winter Sunday's worthless in such a good way. All of the Prima and EPL league games are on early, and the NFL takes over at 1pm. I'm going to have to start going to mass on Saturday afternoons.

  • Author

^ I know. At least the recent addition of a DVR will help alleviate some of the craziness for me. It will also allow me to watch all those weekday Champions League games that I otherwise can't see.

 

Speaking of the Champions League, anyone see anything notable in the draw for the group stage today? Manchester United have the Bundesliga champions in their group and AC Milan drew a top seed only to have newly reformed juggernaut Real Madrid put in with them. Bummer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.