Boone County/Grant County/Harrison County Scrimmage

Rebel91Dad

Tonight Boone County traveled to Grant County and participated in a four team scrimmage, the two already mentioned along with Harrison County and Iriquois High. As expected, Boone dominated the smaller schools and did what ever they desired on offense and defense. It was hard to get a read on where they are but I came away very optomistic. They used both Quainoo and Openheimer evenly in the backfield and threw the ball 50% of the time. They're not as big up front as in recent years but much quicker and did a super job opening holes and pass protection. They're defense is very fast to the ball and were better than I expected. Alford has improved at QB and will be a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn't pencil in Simon Kenton or Conner as District Champs just yet. Boone looks poised to defend their two consecutive titles.

Tonight Boone County traveled to Grant County and participated in a four team scrimmage, the two already mentioned along with Harrison County and Iriquois High. As expected, Boone dominated the smaller schools and did what ever they desired on offense and defense. It was hard to get a read on where they are but I came away very optomistic. They used both Quainoo and Openheimer evenly in the backfield and threw the ball 50% of the time. They're not as big up front as in recent years but much quicker and did a super job opening holes and pass protection. They're defense is very fast to the ball and were better than I expected. Alford has improved at QB and will be a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn't pencil in Simon Kenton or Conner as District Champs just yet. Boone looks poised to defend their two consecutive titles.

I see you forgot about the other Boone Co. school. Ryle who scrimmaged a very good Dixie team and beat them. So don't think the district title will land back in Florence this year. Maybe try and pencil that one in.

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13

Year in year out no one should pencil anyone in as the northern ky 6A district champ........

One thing is definite, the district is going to be a blood bath! There's alot of talent and parody, and on any given night each team has a chance. It's going to be a great thing watching the season unfold. The fans are the real winners this year. We get to see a great game each week while sitting on the edge of our seats pulling for our teams to outlast their opponent.

One thing is definite, the district is going to be a blood bath! There's alot of talent and parody, and on any given night each team has a chance. It's going to be a great thing watching the season unfold. The fans are the real winners this year. We get to see a great game each week while sitting on the edge of our seats pulling for our teams to outlast their opponent.

I agree. N. Ky 6A has to be the toughest district in the state in any class. There are 4 really top notch teams. I am not sure what to expect out of Campbell Co. But Ryle, Boone, Conner and Simon Kenton all are probably good enough to get to the state semis, if not further.

I agree. N. Ky 6A has to be the toughest district in the state in any class. There are 4 really top notch teams. I am not sure what to expect out of Campbell Co. But Ryle, Boone, Conner and Simon Kenton all are probably good enough to get to the state semis, if not further.

If anyone would like to check out Campbell Co. they scrimmage Ashland today at home starting at 11. Did not mean to hijack the thread just wanted to inform everyone. I think Campbell Co. will surprise alot of people this year. They no longer have Andrew Eshman as QB. He moved to WR and Michael Kremer takes over at the QB position. Should be a very fun year in NKY 6A.

I thought that St. X vs. N. Ky. 6A would be a semifinal game.

NKY is district (6), and they will face district (3), they only have four teams so all will make the playoffs. Below is '08 standings.

Class 6A, District 3 Overall District

(1)St. Xavier 8 - 0 3 - 0

(2)DuPont Manual 8 - 2 2 - 1

(3)Pleasure Ridge Park 4 - 4 1 - 2

(4)Butler 2 - 8 0 - 3