Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Different Kind of Drug Problem

Featured Replies

Both of you made giant leaps of logic to reach these equally absurd conclusions from solely LRCW's statement, FWIW.

 

On a related note...a bumper sticker I saw said, "Women belongs in the House (and Senate)" :D

 

Perhaps that is not what LRCW intended, and if so, I apologize to him. Why, however, don't we promote men being the stay at home parent? Why does it have to be women?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Perhaps that is not what LRCW intended, and if so, I apologize to him. Why, however, don't we promote men being the stay at home parent? Why does it have to be women?

 

Probably better for another thread. Are women the more natural candidate for child rearing and being in the home? I have no idea.

Probably better for another thread. Are women the more natural candidate for child rearing and being in the home? I have no idea.

 

As if any of these posts are on topic to the original. :lol:

 

Child bearing, yes. Rearing and being in the home? That seems like a societal standard to me.

 

Are women just as able to be providers for the family? Don't women have just as much to offer as men to the overall good of the community, country and world in which they live?

  • Author
As if any of these posts are on topic to the original. :lol:

 

Child bearing, yes. Rearing and being in the home? That seems like a societal standard to me.

 

Are women just as able to be providers for the family? Don't women have just as much to offer as men to the overall good of the community, country and world in which they live?

 

True about the thread topic.

 

As for the other stuff, I don't know. It seems like the majority of societies have had the women in the home, and the men out hunting or whatever. Whether or not that means women are a more natural candidate for child-rearing, I have no idea. I'm hardly an expert on that topic-I'm not even a parent- and would have to defer to someone else's expertise.

True about the thread topic.

 

As for the other stuff, I don't know. It seems like the majority of societies have had the women in the home, and the men out hunting or whatever. Whether or not that means women are a more natural candidate for child-rearing, I have no idea. I'm hardly an expert on that topic-I'm not even a parent- and would have to defer to someone else's expertise.

 

You don't have to be an expert or a parent to understand that women deserve just as much of right to work outside of the home as men. Similarly, if the family determines that a parent is needed at home, men should get equal consideration. The problem is that women still trail in earnings, compared to men, so it usually makes better economical sense for the father to work.

  • Author
You don't have to be an expert or a parent to understand that women deserve just as much of right to work outside of the home as men. Similarly, if the family determines that a parent is needed at home, men should get equal consideration. The problem is that women still trail in earnings, compared to men, so it usually makes better economical sense for the father to work.

You are making assumptions, and you are better than that. I never said anything regarding whether or not women deserve the right to work as much as men. From a political philosophy standpoint, absolutely women have every right to equal opportunities and consideration. I'm talking about strictly from the standpoint of the reasoning behind raising a family- is a woman the natural child rearer? Furthermore, I really haven't said anything, I've merely asked question.

I don't know about "much worse". They weren't just using marijuana back in the day.
No, but even the marijuana back in the day is nothing compared to the marijuana of today. The meth of today, for instance, is much worse than the amphetamines that were introduced around WWII, and they phased out around the 60’s and 70’s.
You are making assumptions, and you are better than that. I never said anything regarding whether or not women deserve the right to work as much as men. From a political philosophy standpoint, absolutely women have every right to equal opportunities and consideration. I'm talking about strictly from the standpoint of the reasoning behind raising a family- is a woman the natural child rearer? Furthermore, I really haven't said anything, I've merely asked question.

 

I made no assumptions at all. I simply brought up points. I never said that you believed or supported any of that. I simply said that we don't have to be experts to discuss it.

On the defense for the men who stay home - My brother in law was the primary care taker for his 3 little girls while our sister in law was in the Army studying to be a lab techician.

  • Author
I made no assumptions at all. I simply brought up points. I never said that you believed or supported any of that. I simply said that we don't have to be experts to discuss it.

OK. I think we were talking about different things. Of course, the things you said are right. I was wondering about the psychology and such behind a mother or father being the one at home, upon which I have no expertise. But indeed, women have and should have the right to work outside of the home.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.