American Legion ... state tournament in Paducah

Thursday's results, so far:

Owensboro 13, Ashland 1 (Ashland eliminated ... I'm told that is the final score, but I wasn't there)

Danville 7, Metcalfe County 4 (Metcalfe eliminated)

Later today:

Paducah vs. Shelbyville (winner to finals)

Danville vs. Owensboro (elimination game)

Paducah, Shelbyville and Danville, are solid teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Danville emerges from the bottom bracket, as they have depth. Will Lady throw for Shelbyville against Paducah?

Been some impressive talent in this field.

Paducah, Shelbyville and Danville, are solid teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Danville emerges from the bottom bracket, as they have depth. Will Lady throw for Shelbyville against Paducah?

Been some impressive talent in this field.

Is the Danville club coached by Paul Morse? Are there any non-Danville kids on the roster? Just curious, because I know there are kids from all over the area that play with him.

Is the Danville club coached by Paul Morse? Are there any non-Danville kids on the roster? Just curious, because I know there are kids from all over the area that play with him.
Morse is the coach. I was told that they had kids from Danville, Boyle County, Mercer County, Burgin, Lincoln County and Washington County.

Morse is the coach. I was told that they had kids from Danville, Boyle County, Mercer County, Burgin, Lincoln County and Washington County.

Sounds right. I was thinking there might be one from Garrard, but he must not be playing there this summer.

Paul has been a blessing for many kids in the area to get to play summer baseball since the numbers just aren't enough to really field senior level leagues. Unfortunately, without enough players playing from each county, the school programs haven't been able to move forward nearly as much.

Yes and like westsider stated, has players from those areas.

Morse is first class, both on and off the field.

Paducah had a 10-5 lead on Shelbyville in the third inning when the game was delayed by rain. I don't think the game will be resumed, as the radar indicated that it may be coming down for a while.

Weird game so far ... Paducah pulled their starting pitcher after two hitters, giving up a home run and a walk. Shelbyville's starter last four batters, giving up a single, two walks and a hit batsman. Shelbyville used two pitchers in the first inning, then brought in Lady to start the second.