Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Football Pick Em

Featured Replies

  • Author
Conference Winners

ACC- Virginia Tech, will surprise ALOT of people this year

Big East-West Virginia

Big 10-Ohio State

Big 12-Texas

Pac 10-USC

SEC-Florida

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Oklahoma, LSU, Boise State, Georgia Tech

 

Potential BCS Busters

Boise State, Utah, Houston

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl Texas vs. LSU

Sugar Bowl Oklahoma vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Virginia Tech

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

The University of Florida

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Colt McCoy - Texas

 

 

Virginia Tech wins the ACC every year! How are they going to surprise anyone there :lol:. Although if they make the national title, that would be a big surprise. It's possible though, Beamer always has them in the top ten or 15 teams in the country.

 

I like the Houston pick, Sumlin's a good coach and Keenum's a heck of a quarterback.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Conference Winners

ACC- Virginia Tech, will surprise ALOT of people this year

Big East-West Virginia

Big 10-Ohio State

Big 12-Texas

Pac 10-USC

SEC-Florida

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Oklahoma, LSU, Boise State, Georgia Tech

 

Potential BCS Busters

Boise State, Utah, Houston

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl Texas vs. LSU

Sugar Bowl Oklahoma vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Virginia Tech

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

The University of Florida

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Colt McCoy - Texas

 

I really like the Houston and Georgia Tech picks. One question I have is, why are so many people so high on VT? I just don't see it, but I have a natural bias against VT (except for Vick).

Like I said you can make a very legit case for Okl or Texas in the Big 12 and be right IMO.

Fla. State wins the ACC this year.

 

Someone agree's with me on that.

 

ACC-Florida St

Big East- Cincy

Big 10- Ohio St

Big 12- Oklahoma

Pac- USC

SEC- Fla

National Champs-Oklahoma

Heisman-Bardford

Virginia Tech wins the ACC every year! How are they going to surprise anyone there :lol:. Although if they make the national title, that would be a big surprise. It's possible though, Beamer always has them in the top ten or 15 teams in the country.

 

I like the Houston pick, Sumlin's a good coach and Keenum's a heck of a quarterback.

 

Probably because I have them in my National Championship game and I havent heard ANYONE saying that

I really like the Houston and Georgia Tech picks. One question I have is, why are so many people so high on VT? I just don't see it, but I have a natural bias against VT (except for Vick).

 

Well last season they won the ACC with a very unexperienced team that not many people think would accomplish much. What did they do? Only won the first BCS bowl game in school history. The offense was pathetic last year in some games, but Tyrod Taylor will improve greatly with the experience and Darren Evans will be one of the top running backs in the nation after his 1,265 yard and 11 TD's as a freshman. I actually see Taylor being a finalist (top 5) for the Heisman this season.

Well last season they won the ACC with a very unexperienced team that not many people think would accomplish much. What did they do? Only won the first BCS bowl game in school history. The offense was pathetic last year in some games, but Tyrod Taylor will improve greatly with the experience and Darren Evans will be one of the top running backs in the nation after his 1,265 yard and 11 TD's as a freshman. I actually see Taylor being a finalist (top 5) for the Heisman this season.

 

Really? My only argument is that the rest of the ACC besides UNC was just as young if not younger than VT. As for the Bowl game, they really just out talented Cincy, so maybe it's possible. I just don't think VT will ever have a legit team (other than the Vick team) on the National Title level. I just think that the things they do well don't really get you to a MNC win. You cannot line up and smack UF, Oklahoma, USC or Texas, they can't do it. Ask Bama. VT will have a top 10 team most likely because of all the hype, but I don't think they are better than Georgia Tech this year. If FSU and Miami find some kind of offense I think they could end up better. I think UNC is definitely underrated, though they did lose a few key players. I think that the ACC will be tougher and I think the game with Bama will take VT out of the championship picture in Week 1.

 

VT is still a threat to win the ACC, and probably the favorite, but I hope that they aren't in the championship game because it will make the ACC look bad, ala the Big (tiny) 10.

Really? My only argument is that the rest of the ACC besides UNC was just as young if not younger than VT. As for the Bowl game, they really just out talented Cincy, so maybe it's possible. I just don't think VT will ever have a legit team (other than the Vick team) on the National Title level. I just think that the things they do well don't really get you to a MNC win. You cannot line up and smack UF, Oklahoma, USC or Texas, they can't do it. Ask Bama. VT will have a top 10 team most likely because of all the hype, but I don't think they are better than Georgia Tech this year. If FSU and Miami find some kind of offense I think they could end up better. I think UNC is definitely underrated, though they did lose a few key players. I think that the ACC will be tougher and I think the game with Bama will take VT out of the championship picture in Week 1.

 

VT is still a threat to win the ACC, and probably the favorite, but I hope that they aren't in the championship game because it will make the ACC look bad, ala the Big (tiny) 10.

 

Well I have to disagree with you one this one. In no way do I see VT losing this game. And you hope an ACC team is not in the championship, but you are an ACC person? I find that odd. Even though Ohio State got beat back to back years by SEC schools, a Big 10 team was still in the championship game. I would be thrilled to see an ACC team make it this year!

Well I have to disagree with you one this one. In no way do I see VT losing this game. And you hope an ACC team is not in the championship, but you are an ACC person? I find that odd. Even though Ohio State got beat back to back years by SEC schools, a Big 10 team was still in the championship game. I would be thrilled to see an ACC team make it this year!

 

You don't think Bama has a shot vs. VT? Ok. I will take Bama by 21... today, and I'll gladly eat some crow if I'm wrong.

 

And yes I'm a huge ACC guy (just because of my Canes), but no I don't want so see one of our teams luck into the Title game only to get humiliated. The ACC is still a year or two away, IMO.

 

Ohio State in the Tiny 10 is a classic example of what I'm talking about. Look at the disrespect Penn State got last year even before they lost. They had zero chance of getting in the title game IMO. I think a 1 loss UF, OU, or Texas would have gotten in above them. Though those teams were all better than PSU, the Nittany Lions were effected by the Big10's repuation for being a bad conference. I don't want the ACC to be looked at the same way.

 

In short though I think we see the same VT team every year, and really they only win the ACC IMO because UM and FSU have been so down the last few years. This years team is overhyped, and will probably lose 2 or 3 games, with a possible shot of winning the ACC. I don't think they are one of the Big Boys though, when your talking about winning the MNC. Maybe if alot of craziness happens and they get to play an undefeated team from the Big East, like a WVU. But, they aren't in the Big Boys league talent wise, and I don't think they ever will be really. I think that it's possible that we see a shift in the ACC to where VT isn't the frontrunner, but the 5th piece of the title puzzle with FSU, UM, UNC, and of course Georgia Tech.

You don't think Bama has a shot vs. VT? Ok. I will take Bama by 21... today, and I'll gladly eat some crow if I'm wrong.

 

In short though I think we see the same VT team every year, and really they only win the ACC IMO because UM and FSU have been so down the last few years. This years team is overhyped, and will probably lose 2 or 3 games, with a possible shot of winning the ACC. I don't think they are one of the Big Boys though, when your talking about winning the MNC. Maybe if alot of craziness happens and they get to play an undefeated team from the Big East, like a WVU. But, they aren't in the Big Boys league talent wise, and I don't think they ever will be really. I think that it's possible that we see a shift in the ACC to where VT isn't the frontrunner, but the 5th piece of the title puzzle with FSU, UM, UNC, and of course Georgia Tech.

 

I'll take that spread right now.

 

Also, you can't really say "they only win because this team or that team is doing poorly". That's like saying "well the Phillies only won the NL East last year because the Braves and Mets played poorly". VT has absolutely dominated that conference since joining. And I look for them to continue that dominance this year.

I'll take that spread right now.

 

Also, you can't really say "they only win because this team or that team is doing poorly". That's like saying "well the Phillies only won the NL East last year because the Braves and Mets played poorly". VT has absolutely dominated that conference since joining. And I look for them to continue that dominance this year.

 

True, but if you see the Miami and FSU teams of old you couldn't tell me that these VT teams would be dominating the conferences. You can't do it. The U and FSU aren't what they used to be, Georgia Tech and UNC are building, Clemson is a consistent underachiever, and VT remains the same. I think that they do win the conference consistently which is commendable, but at the same time it hasn't been hard the last few years, and it's going to get tougher.

 

And as for the spread, you'll have to find me on campus and we'll put a wager down, and I'll give you the 21.

And as for the spread, you'll have to find me on campus and we'll put a wager down, and I'll give you the 21.

 

It's on, we'll watch it @ B-Dubs so I can talk trash the whole time! :lol:

It's on, we'll watch it @ B-Dubs so I can talk trash the whole time! :lol:

 

You got a deal man. I wish it was later in the season, and I'd be able to give you the score for the game and everything. I have a pretty cool prediction thing that I do for football, it's usually right on.

You got a deal man. I wish it was later in the season, and I'd be able to give you the score for the game and everything. I have a pretty cool prediction thing that I do for football, it's usually right on.

 

Well when I come down to campus you'll have to let me know the secret :sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.