Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Football Pick Em

Featured Replies

Let's keep the pre-season going with some picks for the upcoming season. Who are your:

 

1. BCS Conference Champions

2. At-Large BCS Teams

3. Potential BCS Busters

4. BCS Game Matchups

5. National Champion

6. Heisman Trophy Winner.

 

Here's Mine:

 

Conference Winners

ACC-Georgia Tech.

Big East-West Virginia

Big 10-Penn State

Big 12-Oklahoma

Pac 10-USC

SEC-Florida

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Ole Miss, Texas, Notre Dame, Boise State.

 

Potential BCS Busters

Boise State, TCU, BYU.

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Penn State

Fiesta Bowl Texas vs. Notre Dame

Sugar Bowl Ole Miss vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Oklahoma

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

The University of Florida

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Tim Tebow-University of Florida

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Conference Winners

ACC-Georgia Tech. VT and FSU are overrated. UM and UNC aren't ready yet.

Big East-West Virginia- If the defense stays the same they are way under the radar.

Big 10-Ohio State. I wanna say PSU, I just had to go with my gut.

Big 12-Oklahoma- If they are preseason #3 they are way underrated IMO. I think they are 10-14 points better than Texas.

Pac 10-USC- What is this? 100 in a row?

SEC-Florida- I think UF loses in Baton Rouge, but beat Bama in the SEC title game.

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Texas, TCU, Bama, Oregon.

 

Potential BCS Busters

TCU, Utah, Boise, BYU.

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl Texas vs. TCU

Sugar Bowl Bama vs. Oregon

Orange Bowl Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Oklahoma

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

The University of Florida

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Colt McCoy

 

This is mine, it's kind of close to yours.

  • Author

I forgot Ohio State has the greatest American Athlete in Terrelle Pryor.

I forgot Ohio State has the greatest American Athlete in Terrelle Pryor.

 

Dude Terrelle Pryor is a god among men.:lol:

 

I don't think OSU is any good as far as the title picture is concerned, I just don't see Penn State having another good run this year. Seems like they only surface every 3 to 4 years lately. I could see someone else stepping up, if the players around Juice Williams can play some ball they (Illinois) are my wildcard for the Big 10. I think OSU has a higher talent level than the rest of the otherwise pretty pathetic Big 10, PSU not included. I don't really think Pryor will be that good though.

  • Author
Dude Terrelle Pryor is a god among men.:lol:

 

I don't think OSU is any good as far as the title picture is concerned, I just don't see Penn State having another good run this year. Seems like they only surface every 3 to 4 years lately. I could see someone else stepping up, if the players around Juice Williams can play some ball they (Illinois) are my wildcard for the Big 10. I think OSU has a higher talent level than the rest of the otherwise pretty pathetic Big 10, PSU not included. I don't really think Pryor will be that good though.

 

But Penn State has Sean Lee coming back, someone they didn't have last season, he along with Navarro Bowman makes for a pretty good LB Corps, the rest of the defense is solid and Royster and Clark are going to be money next year. But it's really not fair, it should be called Ohio State and the Little 10. :puke:

Here are mine.................

 

Conference Winners

ACC- Virginia Tech

Big East-West Virginia

Big 10-Ohio State

Big 12-Texas

Pac 10-USC

SEC-Florida

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Oklahoma, TCU, Bama, Ga. Tech/Ole Miss, (?, not sure if 3 teams from one conference can be in BCS or not??)

 

Potential BCS Busters

TCU, Utah, Boise, BYU.

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs. Ole Miss (?)/Ga. Tech

Sugar Bowl Bama vs. TCU

Orange Bowl Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Texas

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

Texas Longhorns (UF should win it, no doubt but jmo someone else will this year)

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Colt McCoy

 

Again, I may be way off - not sure whether or not three teams from one conference (the SEC)can be in the BCS or not, I picked Ole Miss along with Bama and Fla.??? If not, I would have to remove Ole Miss from my list and replace with maybe Oregon, Penn State or Ga. Tech ???

ACC- GA Tech

Big East- Cincy

Big 10- Penn St

Big 12- Texas

Pac- USC

SEC- Fla

National Champs-Fla

Heisman-TeBow

Teams to watch that aren't in my winners group: Okl, Bama, Oregon, Boise St, WVU, OSU (just because the rest of the Big 10 stinks).

  • Author
Here are mine.................

 

Conference Winners

ACC- Virginia Tech

Big East-West Virginia

Big 10-Ohio State

Big 12-Texas

Pac 10-USC

SEC-Florida

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Oklahoma, TCU, Bama, Ga. Tech/Ole Miss, (?, not sure if 3 teams from one conference can be in BCS or not??)

 

Potential BCS Busters

TCU, Utah, Boise, BYU.

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs. Ole Miss (?)/Ga. Tech

Sugar Bowl Bama vs. TCU

Orange Bowl Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Texas

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

Texas Longhorns (UF should win it, no doubt but jmo someone else will this year)

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Colt McCoy

 

Again, I may be way off - not sure whether or not three teams from one conference (the SEC)can be in the BCS or not, I picked Ole Miss along with Bama and Fla.??? If not, I would have to remove Ole Miss from my list and replace with maybe Oregon, Penn State or Ga. Tech ???

 

Yeah, you can have 3 teams in the BCS from the same conference, it's extremely unlikely but if any conference could it would be the SEC.

 

 

For those picking Texas over Oklahoma to win the Big 12, can I ask why? I think the Sooners are much better equipped than the Longhorns.

ACC- GA Tech

Big East- Cincy

Big 10- Penn St

Big 12- Texas

Pac- USC

SEC- Fla

National Champs-Fla

Heisman-TeBow

Teams to watch that aren't in my winners group: Okl, Bama, Oregon, Boise St, WVU, OSU (just because the rest of the Big 10 stinks).

 

Stick, I came vey close to picking Cincy as well for the Big East. I wasn't sure on what they had coming back so I went with WVU.

 

 

For those picking Texas over Oklahoma to win the Big 12, can I ask why? I think the Sooners are much better equipped than the Longhorns.

 

I just have a feeling that this is the year for Texas. I know that's not much to validate it and Oklahoma will be very good, just a gut feeling.

Yeah, you can have 3 teams in the BCS from the same conference, it's extremely unlikely but if any conference could it would be the SEC.

 

 

For those picking Texas over Oklahoma to win the Big 12, can I ask why? I think the Sooners are much better equipped than the Longhorns.

 

For me it's Texas/Okl. You could pick either and have a very legit reason. I go with my gut but I think:

1. McCoy+Shipley are electric.

2. Best Oline in the confrence.

3. 9-11 starters return on offense

4. All 3 LBers back and secondary (which hurt last year) have more experience.

 

Obviously Bradford is a stud and Okl is a top 1-5 team. To me it's Fla then Tex/Okl/USC/Bama in whatever order you want to put them in.

For me it's Texas/Okl. You could pick either and have a very legit reason. I go with my gut but I think:

1. McCoy+Shipley are electric.

2. Best Oline in the confrence.

3. 9-11 starters return on offense

4. All 3 LBers back and secondary (which hurt last year) have more experience.

 

Obviously Bradford is a stud and Okl is a top 1-5 team. To me it's Fla then Tex/Okl/USC/Bama in whatever order you want to put them in.

 

:thumb::thumb: Texas will be loaded and Colt McCoy and Shipley are just flat out winners. Another big reason......Coach Mac Brown, imo easily one of the top 5 coaches in America.

For me it's Texas/Okl. You could pick either and have a very legit reason. I go with my gut but I think:

1. McCoy+Shipley are electric.

2. Best Oline in the confrence.

3. 9-11 starters return on offense

4. All 3 LBers back and secondary (which hurt last year) have more experience.

 

Obviously Bradford is a stud and Okl is a top 1-5 team. To me it's Fla then Tex/Okl/USC/Bama in whatever order you want to put them in.

 

But, Bradford, Gresham, Murray, Brown and Co. are electric as well. They lose 3 starters from arguably the best O-line in the country (I'd go with Bama's last year though), but this is Oklahoma their line will be fine. Offensively I don't think it's close between the two, and that is considering the fact that I think McCoy gives you a little more than Bradford.

 

Also Oklahoma's defense got better and better last year. Look at how they played UF. Holding them to 24 tells you alot about how far their defense came, because.....how many SEC teams did that? None.

 

Oklahoma should be the cream of the crop in the Big 12. I think only an injury to Bradford stands between them and what should be a return trip to the title game. I actually feel better about them going to the title than I do UF, and I that is only because of schedule. Oklahoma plays some good teams, but I think they will have too much Offense for anyone they play. UF plays a few teams that could potentially slow them down offensively. Still I would say that I think UF has a 95% chance of winning the title. I just don't see anyone that could beat them this year unfortunately.

  • Author

Let's see if anyone else wants to get in on this.

Conference Winners

ACC- Virginia Tech, will surprise ALOT of people this year

Big East-West Virginia

Big 10-Ohio State

Big 12-Texas

Pac 10-USC

SEC-Florida

 

At-Large BCS Teams

Oklahoma, LSU, Boise State, Georgia Tech

 

Potential BCS Busters

Boise State, Utah, Houston

 

BCS Game Matchups

Rose Bowl USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl Texas vs. LSU

Sugar Bowl Oklahoma vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

BCS National Championship Game Florida vs. Virginia Tech

 

2009-2010 BCS National Champion

The University of Florida

 

Heisman Trophy Winner

Colt McCoy - Texas

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.