Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Volleyball...

Featured Replies

Nice recap from last nights scrimmage, nice work.

 

It should be interesting year this year.

 

Bredwinner - Are you going to tonights NCC/NDA scrimmage at 6:00pm? I intended to go, however, it is NDA night at the Florence Freedom since it was rained out last night... I don't think I will be able to do both.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it still the case that NDA and NCC do not play in the regular season? Can anyone explain why that even remotely makes sense?

Is it still the case that NDA and NCC do not play in the regular season? Can anyone explain why that even remotely makes sense?

 

Years ago, NDA dropped NCC so that they could schedule more Ohio parochial schools, trying to strengthen their schedule. NDA is Division I for conference and NCC is Division II, so there was no requirement to play there either. At the time this decision was made the matchup was pretty lopsided in NDA's favor but in the last few years that has certainly not been the case. I think that it makes sense that these two Diocesan schools play each other but NDA's AD must think differently.

 

I would imagine that the frequent turnover in head coaches at NDA the last 4-5 years has done nothing to encourage adjustments in the schedule either.

Years ago, NDA dropped NCC so that they could schedule more Ohio parochial schools, trying to strengthen their schedule. NDA is Division I for conference and NCC is Division II, so there was no requirement to play there either. At the time this decision was made the matchup was pretty lopsided in NDA's favor but in the last few years that has certainly not been the case. I think that it makes sense that these two Diocesan schools play each other but NDA's AD must think differently.

 

I would imagine that the frequent turnover in head coaches at NDA the last 4-5 years has done nothing to encourage adjustments in the schedule either.

 

So in your mind NCC would welcome putting NDA on the schedule but Kim Gunning would not?

Nice recap from last nights scrimmage, nice work.

 

It should be interesting year this year.

 

Bredwinner - Are you going to tonights NCC/NDA scrimmage at 6:00pm? I intended to go, however, it is NDA night at the Florence Freedom since it was rained out last night... I don't think I will be able to do both.

 

Yes, I'll be there. NCC will be working with different lineups I'm sure. Strictly looking at it as a learning scrimmage, not a measuring stick like the last few years.

My daughter will be playing tonight. She a bit excited.

 

Hopefully NDA will not do this too bad tonight :deadhorse:

Yes, I'll be there. NCC will be working with different lineups I'm sure. Strictly looking at it as a learning scrimmage, not a measuring stick like the last few years.

My daughter will be playing tonight. She a bit excited.

 

Hopefully NDA will not do this too bad tonight :deadhorse:

 

Lol!!! At the end of the day, this scrimmage, with two very strong volleyball programs will be good for both schools.

 

Tell your daughter good luck!

So in your mind NCC would welcome putting NDA on the schedule but Kim Gunning would not?

 

That was certainly the case the last 3 - 4 years.

That was certainly the case the last 3 - 4 years.

 

Interesting.

NDA dominated the scrimmage against NCC last night. The young Breds just had trouble with positioning on the court defensively.(Very fixable) One of the preseason question marks for the Pandas was setting, but Brooke Jones did a great job last night. She seemed to run a good offense, putting the ball where the hitters needed it for the majority of the time.

 

It looked like Coach Fleissner changed the lineup in the 3rd 20 minute session which confused the Breds, but they seemed to figure it out by the end of the scrimmage.

 

Both teams will get better as the seasons rolls along.

Thanks for the update Bredwinner.

 

I thought NDA was going to be loaded this year. Did you see any of the JV game? Is NDA loaded there as well? NCC JV look good?

 

How did your daughter do?

 

Nice article on Coach Fleissner in the paper today.

Thanks for the update Bredwinner.

 

I thought NDA was going to be loaded this year. Did you see any of the JV game? Is NDA loaded there as well? NCC JV look good?

 

How did your daughter do?

 

Nice article on Coach Fleissner in the paper today.

 

NDA's JV looked very good. I don't know the class breakdown, but, their future looks very bright. NCC's JV is a very short team physically. Soph. Becky Von Handorf, frosh Jillian Hoover and Maria Froendhoff look very promising for the Breds. NCC's JV should go about .500 based on their schedule.

 

My daughter did quite well against the tough competition. She doesn't back down at all. That is probably due to playing club ball for the past 4 years. Thanks for asking!

I guess all the scrimmages are coming to a close and the season starts in ernest next week.

 

Any good matches the first week of the season?

Dixie and Scott scrimmaged last night.

Frosh split, JV and Varsity was all Scott. Dixie has potential to kick it in later when they get used to new coaches and each other.

Dixie and Scott scrimmaged last night.

Frosh split, JV and Varsity was all Scott. Dixie has potential to kick it in later when they get used to new coaches and each other.

 

And who will you be rooting for when they play the Tigers???

Is it still the case that NDA and NCC do not play in the regular season? Can anyone explain why that even remotely makes sense?

 

Back in late 90's early 2000's when Campbell Co had those really strong teams, Campbell wanted to schedule NDA and NDA couldn't or wouldn't? NDA was trying to upgrade their schedule and dropped a couple teams I believe, including NCC.

Now days from what I have heard between Conf games they have to play and their strong Louisville and Cincy schools schedules they have no more room. They can't drop conf matches and don't want to drop any of their strong Cincy or Louisville matches.

Granted NCC the last 2 years could have given them a match (actually beat them once in LIVT tourney in 07) but they aren't close to as strong now with the graduation losses, so over the long haul I guess NDA doesn't want to drop one of the others strong matches and chance not being able to get them back on their schedule???

That is the story I have heard anyway. It would have been fun matches to watch in both instances verses CC in especially 98 & 99 and NCC in 07 & 08!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.