Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Volleyball...

Featured Replies

  • Author

No, just that she is a hitter.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to NKY Preps roster for Simon Kenton there were seven juniors listed for 08/09 season and one senior.

  • Author

They had one Senior who started the season and quit the team after about three matches.

I heard that SK lost 2 in coming seniors this year, so they are down to 5 not 7, Virginia Lynch and Kristen Pace both played last year as Juniors. Kristen played front row and Virginia nice all around player, front and back row.

I heard that SK lost 2 in coming seniors this year, so they are down to 5 not 7, Virginia Lynch and Kristen Pace both played last year as Juniors. Kristen played front row and Virginia nice all around player, front and back row.

 

Did they move or decide not to play or injuries??

They didn't move and as far as I know, no injuries, so that leaves, them deciding not to play, don't know why. Good question.

  • Author

That, in fact, is a good question why they decided not to play this year.

1) NDA - reload and do it again

2) St Henry - Fortner and always reload

3) Scott - Big up front

4) Simon Kenton - Lost no Srs. and play together as a club team

5) Ryle - Good coach and young talent

6) Beechwood - Will be good after last years disappointment

7) Holy Cross - Strong Sophmore, but I forget the name

8) Boone - Rebuilding year, new coach

9) Villa -

10) Conner

 

So the statement noted here about SK is incorrect then, they did loose seniors, two of them.

  • Author

Sure, but I was referring to no seniors were on the team last year. But, they did lose two incoming seniors that decided not to play this year. But, SK still retains their club team that played together in the spring. I am pretty sure they will have 4 seniors on the team with a quality group of Juniors playing as well.

Are team rosters posted somewhere for 2009? Is there a website that contains this information for all the high schools or is it to early? Doesn't the season start in a couple of weeks?

Are team rosters posted somewhere for 2009? Is there a website that contains this information for all the high schools or is it to early? Doesn't the season start in a couple of weeks?

 

You can get most information from KHSAA.org but not all schools submit rosters and the game schedules are input as teams send them in. Click on right side link to the scoreboards and then use drop-down menu for high school

1) NDA - reload and do it again

2) St Henry - Fortner and always reload

3) Scott - Big up front

4) Simon Kenton - Lost no Srs. and play together as a club team

5) Ryle - Good coach and young talent

6) Beechwood - Will be good after last years disappointment

7) Holy Cross - Strong Sophmore, but I forget the name

8) Boone - Rebuilding year, new coach

9) Villa -

10) Conner

 

Notre Dame still looks like the team to beat even with the injury to A. Robinson. I've heard nothing but good things so far about the new coaches (Lanham and Long).

 

Does anyone know St. Henry's varsity roster? I was told they were only going to have 8 on varsity, including 2 freshman.

 

I know Scott has the two Lauren's. Do they have any strengths as the other positions?

 

I'm not familiar with the other top teams in the region. Doesn't seem as though there is much of a chance of a team representing the 9th region outside of St. Henry or Notre Dame. I know NCC is scrimmaging NDA tomorrow at NDA. Has St. Henry had any scrimmages or do they have any coming up?

  • Author

Cooper will surprise this year and should def be moved into the Top Ten.

I know that Beechwood had a scrimmage last night and I heard good things-especially about the younger players/teams.

Heard Scott is a definate contender, also.

I know that Beechwood had a scrimmage last night and I heard good things-especially about the younger players/teams.

Heard Scott is a definate contender, also.

 

I saw all three teams play. Though no official score was kept (and of course it was in the stands), I think our freshmen team outplayed Scott's, but it was very close. The Tigers' JV and Varsity teams both struggled at first, but in the end competed well. Again, if a score was kept (and you know it was, lol), both our JV and Varsity lost. However, I think our girls worked out a few problems and will be better for having scrimmaged such good teams. All 3 Beechwood teams will be good....how good remains to be seen.

 

Scott has a great program and the Eagles deserve to be ranked as high as they are.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.