Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ American Conference Draft Round Six

Featured Replies

Well, I was hoping BDS would get on here before I went to bed, but I can't hold out any longer.

 

Sorry old-timer. :D

  • Replies 146
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After last year, I will never draft Donald Driver again.

Why, the inconsistency?

Why, the inconsistency?

 

Kind of, I tend to hold grudges against guys that I draft and have high hopes for that never pan out. On my money league team, I drafted him to be my number 2 receiver last year and all he did was do good enough for me to keep him on my team, but never good enough for me to justify starting him over guys I picked up off of the waiver wire. Essentially, I drafted to him simply take up space on my roster.:madman:

 

Of course, these grudges have the tendency to come back and haunt me, so good luck with him, I am sure he'll have a great year since I have sworn him off.

Kind of, I tend to hold grudges against guys that I draft and have high hopes for that never pan out. On my money league team, I drafted him to be my number 2 receiver last year and all he did was do good enough for me to keep him on my team, but never good enough for me to justify starting him over guys I picked up off of the waiver wire. Essentially, I drafted to him simply take up space on my roster.:madman:

 

Of course, these grudges have the tendency to come back and haunt me, so good luck with him, I am sure he'll have a great year since I have sworn him off.

I understand that, statistically speaking though because this is a 16 team league he finished last season as an upper half #2 WR which is good enough for me at this point in the draft.

I understand that, statistically speaking though because this is a 16 team league he finished last season as an upper half #2 WR which is good enough for me at this point in the draft.

 

That's a good point. I love the challenge of 16 teams. I have to remind myself that I guy I normally wouldn't draft in a 8-10-12 team league may be a contributor for my team in this league. I have never been in a league with more than 12. Normally it is 8 or 10. My money league is 12, keep 2. I love this league already and haven't played a game. I am researching my eyeballs out which is why at this point in round 6, I don't think there is any such thing as a bad pick at this point.

That's a good point. I love the challenge of 16 teams. I have to remind myself that I guy I normally wouldn't draft in a 8-10-12 team league may be a contributor for my team in this league. I have never been in a league with more than 12. Normally it is 8 or 10. My money league is 12, keep 2. I love this league already and haven't played a game. I am researching my eyeballs out which is why at this point in round 6, I don't think there is any such thing as a bad pick at this point.

I love the challenge of this league. Last year was my first year and my only keeper was Derek Anderson. :lol: I picked up Brady for this season off the wire with 2 weeks left because somebody dropped him and I drafted Chris Johnson in the 8th round. My draft was awful all around though, I can't believe I even made it through to this season.

I love the challenge of this league. Last year was my first year and my only keeper was Derek Anderson. :lol: I picked up Brady for this season off the wire with 2 weeks left because somebody dropped him and I drafted Chris Johnson in the 8th round. My draft was awful all around though, I can't believe I even made it through to this season.

 

Preaching to the choir. I REALLY regret trading Fitz last year, but I didn't have a QB who could put up points to get me to the playoffs, so I had to let him go to get to this season but now I wish I hadn't:ohbrother:

Someone please paste where we are in the draft, I'm too tired to

Someone please paste where we are in the draft, I'm too tired to

That's a wrap for me tonight. :Dsleep.gif

6.01. Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) - RB Cedric Benson CIN

6.02. Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) - QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT

6.03. Mississippi Thrill (Go Cats) - TE Kellen Winslow TB

6.04. Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) - WR Eddie Royal DEN

6.05 Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) - TE Chris Cooley WAS

6.06. Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ) - WR Laveranues Coles CIN

6.07 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28)- WR Lance Moore NO

6.08 Boyle County Blue Devils ® (PurplePride92) - RB Donald Brown IND

6.09 Maysville Split Ends(sumoroyal) - WR Jerricho Cotchery NYJ

6.10 Frankfort Block Monsters ® (Hip-Hop Box) - RB Willie Parker PIT

6.11 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) - RB Leron McClain BAL

6.12 Harlan Mound Street Machines (Ballaholic) - WR Michael Crabtree SF

 

6.13 Bardstown Butchers (BoondockSaint)– WR Donald Driver GB

6.14 Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) -OTC until 12:23 AM CST 7/18

 

6.15 Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) -

6.16 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) -

After taking a really quick look at the rosters, I say at this point there is no clear cut favorite. I see that every team has a guy or two they can depend on and question marks every where else. I expect this league to be very challenging and good luck to the American Conference representative in the Super Bowl.

 

 

Whomever that may be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will say it is weird wishing myself luck........:ohbrother::idunno:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In all seriousness, do you agree or disagree with my assessment of the draft so far? Do any of you see any preseason favorites amongst us or does it look like we will all be cursing the existence of drafted players that fail to show up for us on Sundays?

I know he had a rough season last year, but I think in this round he's a good bargain:

 

The Gym Shoes select Braylon Edwards, WR, Cleveland.

I know he had a rough season last year, but I think in this round he's a good bargain:

 

The Gym Shoes select Braylon Edwards, WR, Cleveland.

 

Can't remember by whom, I wanna say HHSDad, but he was picked a couple rounds ago I believe....

Can't remember by whom, I wanna say HHSDad, but he was picked a couple rounds ago I believe....

 

Not sure how I missed that. I double-checked and triple-checked to make sure I wasn't seeing things on my sheet. :ohbrother:

 

The Gym Shoes select the Pittsburgh Steelers D/ST.

Not sure how I missed that. I double-checked and triple-checked to make sure I wasn't seeing things on my sheet. :ohbrother:

 

The Gym Shoes select the Pittsburgh Steelers D/ST.

 

Tell ya what, I'll let ya have Edwards anyways, as long as you let me take the Steelers D off your hands....:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.