July 10, 200917 yr per ESPN...I don't know that this makes either team a great deal better, but it may get the ball rolling on some other mid-season activity!
July 10, 200917 yr Good deal for the Braves ... upgrades the offense a bit. Church could be solid in a platoon role. Edited July 10, 200917 yr by westsider
July 10, 200917 yr I like it for the Braves. Now get rid of Kelly Johnson :lol:. Wasn't there a time when they were dubbing Francouer "The Natural"? Local kid too wasn't he, man how far he's fallen.
July 10, 200917 yr Francouer had two pretty good years in a row hitting 19 and 29 homers. Since then, he has been awful. Not sure what derailed his career and for his sake I hope he does well in New York (as long as he doesn't help the Mets too much) :lol:.
July 10, 200917 yr Francouer had two pretty good years in a row hitting 19 and 29 homers. Since then, he has been awful. Not sure what derailed his career and for his sake I hope he does well in New York (as long as he doesn't help the Mets too much) :lol:. Once pitchers figured out that he'd swing at anything thrown between the 2 on deck circles he really dropped off.
July 10, 200917 yr Once pitchers figured out that he'd swing at anything thrown between the 2 on deck circles he really dropped off. :thumb::lol:
July 11, 200917 yr Was this an upgrade either way really? If Francouer has more power than Church isn't it negated by Citi Field?
July 11, 200917 yr Man oh man is this trade hard for me to swallow. I loved Francouer as an up and coming player BUT he couldn't deliver consistently. His first two seasons were great and it looked like a great sign for the Braves. I don't know what it was that derailed his career but something sure did. He is a hard working player who tried changing his stance to better himself at the plate. He's never had any problems in the outfield and has a cannon for an arm. It'll be weird seeing him on the other side of the field now but it happens to a lot of players. I wish Francouer the best of luck for the rest of his career as long as it doesn't come against the Braves...No more "Frenchy" for the Braves....
July 11, 200917 yr Was this an upgrade either way really? If Francouer has more power than Church isn't it negated by Citi Field? Francouer's power has disappeared.
July 11, 200917 yr Francouer's power has disappeared. I understand that, but why would the Mets do this? They have to believe he has more power, right? Or is it just the arm/defense?
July 11, 200917 yr I understand that, but why would the Mets do this? They have to believe he has more power, right? Or is it just the arm/defense? Maybe just hoping...Braves sent cash to the Mets as well...I do believe that his arm is what draws the little interest he received.
July 11, 200917 yr Maybe just hoping...Braves sent cash to the Mets as well...I do believe that his arm is what draws the little interest he received. The deal just doesn't make any sense to me unless its a "change of scenery" type thing. I'm not a fan of either team so it doesn't affect me, just puzzling.
July 11, 200917 yr As a Braves fan I'm just surprised they got a real life person for Francouer. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.