May 28, 200917 yr http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090528/SPORTS03/905280423/UK%20counter%20sues%20in%20Gillispie%20dispute Things are getting interesting!
May 28, 200917 yr I'd say BCG will get paid, not 6 mil, maybe not even a mil, but he'll get something. I think something like 2 or 3 mil over 5 or 10 years. There was a similar case between the Kansas State Football Team and former coach Ron Prince, who was set to get 3.2 over like 15 years-I think.
May 28, 200917 yr Author The thing that intrigues me is all the bad stuff that could be aired for the public in this case.
May 28, 200917 yr The thing that intrigues me is all the bad stuff that could be aired for the public in this case. On both sides?
May 28, 200917 yr It says more on the wkyt website. It says he shouldn't have sued the UKAA because they had nothing to do with his employment. He was a University employee. He may have messed up if that is the case.
May 28, 200917 yr He wouldn't sign a contract, didn't want to abide by the school's rules or obligations and yet HE feels that he was wrongly let go???!!!! Anyone of us that tried that stunt wouldn't have had our job for 2 years, we wouldn't have had it at all. I say, go for it, to the school and don't pay him a dime. I am tired of coaches feeling they are entitled to their money and don't do anything for it. I know this question won't be the deciding factor on whether he gets compensated or not but they should ask him on the stand, "Did you leave UK basketball in better shape when you left than when you started?" With that answer, he would wrap up the case against him and UK would have their grounds for dismissal. JMO.
May 28, 200917 yr Uh oh, Billy Gillispie sued the wrong organization... oops! Kind of like his coaching and recruiting decisions.:eyeonyou:
May 28, 200917 yr Author From WKYT.com: It is unfortunate that Mr. Gillispie has sued the UK Athletics Association, a nonprofit supporting foundation that was not his employer, in Federal Court in Texas. Mr. Gillispie was a university employee, and the volunteer Board of the UKAA serves the university in a valuable, but purely advisory capacity. The decision to terminate Mr. Gillispie's employment was a university decision. UKAA will vigorously seek the dismissal of the Texas lawsuit. The university is the proper party to any suit, not UKAA, and the university will rely upon the allegations of its Franklin Circuit Court complaint as the true version of this contract dispute.
May 28, 200917 yr He must a crack team of lawyers working on the case. HE does have a high profile lawyer representing him. I can't spell his name but has quite a profile over the years.
May 28, 200917 yr I guess technically though, the lawsuit isn't about the firing is it? Its that UK (or the UKAA) tampered with his A&M negotiations. So if the UKAA "advised" UK to go after BCG... MAYBE he's got an angle? Its a wierd angle, but who knows.
May 28, 200917 yr I guess technically though, the lawsuit isn't about the firing is it? Its that UK (or the UKAA) tampered with his A&M negotiations. So if the UKAA "advised" UK to go after BCG... MAYBE he's got an angle? Its a wierd angle, but who knows. I'm guessing here that his lawyer knew who to sue.
May 28, 200917 yr What's next? UK fans sue Billy Gillispie for breach of promise? He did say he was there to cut down the nets afterall......
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.