Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 20 Bell County 7

Featured Replies

I was basing my argument on this statement that was made by Log Mountain Boy. Arugment has been over for a few days on. Move on.

"I was thinking Bell had 1 of the best baseball teams in the mountains"

 

Clay's a powerhouse? In my opinion, only a less than intelligent person would say this. haha. Clay hasn't won a regional title in as long as I can even remember. Have they ever? Really.

 

Sorry, you're right, Clay isn't, I meant to type Cumberland. Even though they no longer exist, I think they still have to be mentioned. I also feel as if maybe his statement was meant for this year. Moved on:walk:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Replies 45
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay won a regional title in the late 1990s. Harlan won the year before and lost to Clay in the finals the next year.

 

Cumberland had the dominant program in the region from the mid 80s to the mid 90s with Middlesboro and Corbin a step behind. Middlesboro, Corbin and Rockcastle County had the top programs for a number of years after that. Cawood and Clay also had some good teams.

I was basing my argument on this statement that was made by Log Mountain Boy. Arugment has been over for a few days on. Move on.

"I was thinking Bell had 1 of the best baseball teams in the mountains"

 

Clay's a powerhouse? In my opinion, only a less than intelligent person would say this. haha. Clay hasn't won a regional title in as long as I can even remember. Have they ever? Really.

 

Who does South play in the Sectionals?

Estill County.

Estill County.

 

I'm suprised nobdy has started a thread yet??

Clay won a regional title in the late 1990s. Harlan won the year before and lost to Clay in the finals the next year.

 

Cumberland had the dominant program in the region from the mid 80s to the mid 90s with Middlesboro and Corbin a step behind. Middlesboro, Corbin and Rockcastle County had the top programs for a number of years after that. Cawood and Clay also had some good teams.

 

I'm almost positive Clay has never won.

 

I know Middlesboro won in 1998 and 1999.

Rockcastle Co. won in 2000.

  • Author

Clay Co. won the region in 1997.

Clay Co. won the region in 1997.

 

I stand corrected. Anyway, the point is moot I suppose since he didn't even mean to say Clay Co.

 

Nonetheless, they are more of a basketball powerhouse, and not so much in baseball.

Well we will just agree to disagree. Thank you for your support of the Cardinals however. Also, I will miss the baseball debate this offseason.

 

:thumb:

The games are at North Laurel aren't they?

 

Yes, I believe tonight at 7.

Yes, I believe tonight at 7.

 

Good to hear from you. Haven't seen you in a while.

I stand corrected. Anyway, the point is moot I suppose since he didn't even mean to say Clay Co.

 

Nonetheless, they are more of a basketball powerhouse, and not so much in baseball.

 

I knew Clay had won a region, they beat Bell in Manchester in the finals. But I think it was 96, not 97. Clay is a basketball powerhouse, but I don't feel one regional title makes you a "powerhouse". That's why I only included the three teams that I did.

I knew Clay had won a region, they beat Bell in Manchester in the finals. But I think it was 96, not 97. Clay is a basketball powerhouse, but I don't feel one regional title makes you a "powerhouse". That's why I only included the three teams that I did.

 

It was 1996 when Clay beat Bell in the finals.

Good to hear from you. Haven't seen you in a while.

 

I've been on the road. I'm planning on going to this game tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.