Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bruce Pearl.....a true gem....

Featured Replies

One word...Attention. That's all this guy wants.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all are killing me with some of the stuff you all have said. Is Pearl one of the best coaches in nation? No definitely not. Is he a quality coach which what started this argument, yes he is. He has made UT recognizable again throughout the college basketball world, and he did that before his chest painting, etc. I believe they were one of the few teams who was able to beat Florida in the conference a few times during the title runs. Hasn't he also won the SEC East a few times since he has been there? They were also a 4 seed or better in the tournament a few times since he has been there. So to say he is not a quality coach, is just a joke. Its more that some of you all just don't like him or UT, so don't want to admit they have a quality coach. Yeah he is not one of the top best coaches in America, but he is pretty good, especially for UT basektball.

I never said the guy was not good. I did say we managed to beat him over and over without "UK Caliber" talent. History speaks for itself there, FC.

They have yet to make it past the sweet 16. If UT is in the discussion, then Western Kentucky is one of the headliners.

 

:thumb:

I never said the guy was not good. I did say we managed to beat him over and over without "UK Caliber" talent. History speaks for itself there, FC.

 

That is true. However how does that not make him a quality coach since we have done well against him? Maybe just our style is perfect to go against why he had been doing. I know his UT teams have beaten a lot more bigger teams than we have since he has been there. It was just our style went well against what they did. I mean the whole argument here was people saying he was not a quality coach and stuff like that, and well that is just not true. He is a very quality coach. Maybe not a great coach, but he is not bad at all and is good for that program.

I said he was good.

On top of that, though, we had a "style" somewhere in the last 3 or 4 years?

The only "style" we have had was defense, but the lack of D has been Pearl's thorn. Lack of D is what keeps him from being really good.

I am NOT a Vol fan for sure-but I would rather have Bruce Pearl anyday over Billy G. Now that we have Coach Cal this should become quiet a game each year-just the two personalities alone make for good coverage.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.