April 26, 200917 yr ...I'm ecstatic that the Oakland Raiders are just plain dumb! San Francisco Picks: Rd. 1 (10) Michael Crabtree - WR Rd. 3 (74) Glen Coffee - RB
April 26, 200917 yr This is what they wanted other than upgrading the OLine. They didn't dream Crabtree would be there. They would have taken Sanchez had he dropped that far.
April 27, 200917 yr I said in another thread big Andre Smith was the best player in the draft, but Crabtree is 1A. Who cares about 40 times? Wasn't that a problem with Fitzgerald, Rice, Cris Carter, etc? He will be an absolute stud. But, so will Stafford if the Lions let him sit. MY CALL, the BIGGEST BUST of the Draft will be AARON CURRY. I know it's off topic, but I had to say it.
April 27, 200917 yr I said in another thread big Andre Smith was the best player in the draft, but Crabtree is 1A. Who cares about 40 times? Wasn't that a problem with Fitzgerald, Rice, Cris Carter, etc? He will be an absolute stud. But, so will Stafford if the Lions let him sit. MY CALL, the BIGGEST BUST of the Draft will be AARON CURRY. I know it's off topic, but I had to say it. Most thought Curry was the best athlete in the draft and the safest pick. I like his interviews. He said he passed up on the big schools to make Wake a place on the map in football. If you look where they were when he came compared to where they were while he was there he sure looks like a nice foundation to build on. Crabtree is a stud! He might not be a blazer but he is a playmaker!
April 27, 200917 yr Most thought Curry was the best athlete in the draft and the safest pick. I like his interviews. He said he passed up on the big schools to make Wake a place on the map in football. If you look where they were when he came compared to where they were while he was there he sure looks like a nice foundation to build on. Crabtree is a stud! He might not be a blazer but he is a playmaker! Absolutely false. He was a two star recruit and only had an offer from one other school, ECU. He was about 5-11, 195 lbs. in high school. He did come back to school for his senior year to supposedly help secure Wake's place on the map though. The safest pick, sure, if you want to listen to Mel Kiper and McShay, but those two guys are the reason people like Ryan Leaf get picked 1st. As an ACC fan, I've watched Curry alot and I don't see why he has the hype. He is a fine player, but nothing spectacular and is the product of the combine and 40 times. I just don't see him as a better player than Cushing, Laurinitis, or Maualuga. I just don't. He may fit into a system and turn into a great player but I just don't know. I see him as a risk.
April 27, 200917 yr San Fran really like Shon Green but I think Coffee is underrated myself. He runs HARD! They will pound the ball this year with Jimmy Ray as offensive coordinator. Coffee+Gore give them a solid set of backs. I wish they could have gotten better on the oline but you can't pass on Crabtree there! That was a steal! They liked Sanchez and Freeman but knew they had other bigger needs. They were very high on the Ball State QB but he has some learining disabilities I think that is why teams shyed away. He could be a steal possibly. I love Singletary there. He is instant credability and the guys play hard for him. I listened to a great interview with Vernon Davis about him getting the best out of him. I think they have a solid LBer core, nice Tackle, good set of backs and will play with the attitude to float around 500 this year. If they can load up next year on the line + either a QB steps up or they get one then I think they are just going to keep getting better. They are getting a little old in the secondary too.
April 27, 200917 yr Absolutely false. He was a two star recruit and only had an offer from one other school, ECU. He was about 5-11, 195 lbs. in high school. He did come back to school for his senior year to supposedly help secure Wake's place on the map though. The safest pick, sure, if you want to listen to Mel Kiper and McShay, but those two guys are the reason people like Ryan Leaf get picked 1st. As an ACC fan, I've watched Curry alot and I don't see why he has the hype. He is a fine player, but nothing spectacular and is the product of the combine and 40 times. I just don't see him as a better player than Cushing, Laurinitis, or Maualuga. I just don't. He may fit into a system and turn into a great player but I just don't know. I see him as a risk. You probably know more than Kipper + McShay so I'll take your word. Some say Cushing was a product of the system. Some say Laurinitis is to slow. Some say Maualuga isn't smart and can't play in space. Every player has a knock on them. I think all of those guys will be good players for one reason....they are football players that have a nose for the ball. We'll see...I applaude you for the bold call. I disagree but it's all good.
April 27, 200917 yr Glen says that the Devil is trying to stop him when he is running the ball and he said he will give all of his power to defeat the Devil. He has a super attidude toward his salvation and I've seen him in several religious tv shows and magazines. Reminds me of Shaun, but runs a lot harder and is more powerful. I am now a fan of the 49ers.
April 27, 200917 yr You probably know more than Kipper + McShay so I'll take your word. Some say Cushing was a product of the system. Some say Laurinitis is to slow. Some say Maualuga isn't smart and can't play in space. Every player has a knock on them. I think all of those guys will be good players for one reason....they are football players that have a nose for the ball. We'll see...I applaude you for the bold call. I disagree but it's all good. I have never claimed that, but I think they have been wrong plenty, actually just about as often as they are right. And this guy fits the bill of the type of players they whiff on.
April 27, 200917 yr Absolutely false. He was a two star recruit and only had an offer from one other school, ECU. He was about 5-11, 195 lbs. in high school. He did come back to school for his senior year to supposedly help secure Wake's place on the map though. The safest pick, sure, if you want to listen to Mel Kiper and McShay, but those two guys are the reason people like Ryan Leaf get picked 1st. As an ACC fan, I've watched Curry alot and I don't see why he has the hype. He is a fine player, but nothing spectacular and is the product of the combine and 40 times. I just don't see him as a better player than Cushing, Laurinitis, or Maualuga. I just don't. He may fit into a system and turn into a great player but I just don't know. I see him as a risk. He's lightyears ahead of all of those linebackers you mentioned. He doesn't really have a glaring weakness
April 27, 200917 yr Glen says that the Devil is trying to stop him when he is running the ball and he said he will give all of his power to defeat the Devil. He has a super attidude toward his salvation and I've seen him in several religious tv shows and magazines. Reminds me of Shaun, but runs a lot harder and is more powerful. I am now a fan of the 49ers. Maybe I was watching something else when I saw him run but today they were saying he would be a 3rd down possesion type back. I thought he ran like he was going after somebody that had hit his mother or something. He was very physical the couple times I saw him.
April 27, 200917 yr He's lightyears ahead of all of those linebackers you mentioned. He doesn't really have a glaring weakness Okay, I'm just saying, how many people on this board would have said that during the season? How many? I would say alot didn't even know who he was until the mock drafts started getting more up to date. He is a prospect whos statistical numbers such as 40 time, pushed his stock up. If he doesn't have a glaring weakness, what are his strengths? I will admit I don't study his game as much as a Laurinaitis, Maualuga, Spikes, or even Cushing, but I have watched him plenty and in no way do I think he's better than any of them. Like I said, Kiper and McShay influence who goes where to a great degree. Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, David Carr, etc. Darius Heyward-Bey is no where near top 10 talent in the draft, probably not even 1st round. He is fast, actually the 2nd fastest player to run in the combine since '99, but he has little to no moves and has average hands at best. But, they have been touting him as a big time prospect (top 30), and the Raiders were crazy enough to pick him at 7. No one else would have but, he would have been gone by 25 which is way too high. At no point during the season did I think Aaron Curry was a future stud in the NFL. Not saying any of the other LB's will, but I think they will all 3 probably be better. If Curry proves me wrong great, but if he doesn't remember who told you first.
April 28, 200917 yr Glen says that the Devil is trying to stop him when he is running the ball and he said he will give all of his power to defeat the Devil. He has a super attidude toward his salvation and I've seen him in several religious tv shows and magazines. Reminds me of Shaun, but runs a lot harder and is more powerful. I am now a fan of the 49ers.Welcome to the club friend. I have been a fan of the Niner's all my lfe and really liked to see this draft. Thing's are turning around boy's. The Niner's returning to their day's of glory are just around the corner. :dancingpa:dancingpa
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.