Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 4 Newport Central Catholic 0

Featured Replies

When you say Smith was blowing it by NCC hitters, with what velocity was he doing so?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't make a difference. AJ Smith was overpowering.

 

I just spoke to Jeramie Connor's father and he agreed that AJ threw the ball very well in this game. I didn't see a thread on the NCC/Lloyd game from earlier in the day, but I understand NCC won 2-0.

NCC did beat Lloyd, 2-0.

 

They played 2 innings on Monday with NCC leading 2-0 before being delayed because of lightning then it got postponed to be resumed at a later date. That date was yesterday.

 

NCC scored their first run in the 1st inning on a play where two errors were made on a stolen base attempt and the runner came all the way around to score. The second run scored in the 2nd inning came after NCC had a runner on second with 1 out. There was a wild pitch to advance the runner to 3rd then an RBI groundout to first to score the run before a popout got Lloyd out of the inning.

 

The final 5 innings were played in under an hour yesterday. Connor and Dylan McGuire were both pitched well. Lloyd loaded the bases in the 3rd inning with 1 out and could not get the big hit to push a run or two across. It was a very intense and competitive game. In the end, NCC capitalized on some mistakes while Lloyd did not.

  • Author
When you say Smith was blowing it by NCC hitters, with what velocity was he doing so?

 

I would say high 80's maybe 90.

  • Author
Low to mid 80's

 

I am guessing you were not at the game. :laugh: He blew away every hitter and I am pretty sure he struck out every batter in the line up atleast once. :thumb:

I am guessing you were not at the game. :laugh: He blew away every hitter and I am pretty sure he struck out every batter in the line up atleast once. :thumb:

 

No he didn't strikeout everyone in the lineup and yes I was there. He did throw very well, but not 90's.

Anyone see a radar gun or is this everyone's opinion? :confused:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Author
No he didn't strikeout everyone in the lineup and yes I was there. He did throw very well, but not 90's.

 

He did touch 90 at least once or twice and he blew right through There lineup!

Hmm, well I guess that means that Jeramie Conner was throwing 90 mph against Lloyd since he was throwing it right by them. I wasn't aware thats what designated someone throwing 90.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Hmm, well I guess that means that Jeramie Conner was throwing 90 mph against Lloyd since he was throwing it right by them. I wasn't aware thats what designated someone throwing 90.

 

:thumb:

Quite a feat by Smith. No-hitting the defending 9th region champions is impressive and something to always remember. Congrats to this young man and best of luck to him in the future!

Quite a feat by Smith. No-hitting the defending 9th region champions is impressive and something to always remember. Congrats to this young man and best of luck to him in the future!

 

NCC did have an infield hit in the last inning but Smith did pitch a great game. Tough to hit at night against a good pitcher this early in the season.

NCC did have an infield hit in the last inning but Smith did pitch a great game. Tough to hit at night against a good pitcher this early in the season.

 

Are you saying it was not a no-hitter? Either way still congrats to AJ.

  • Author

I checked with both of the coaches and that grounder to the third basemen was an error. I knew coming into the game Jeremy Conner was hitting the ball very well, but he really struggled it looked like tonight with A.J.'s speed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.