April 13, 200917 yr Actually Griffey Jr. had a pretty good year in 2007. He struggled last year, but apparently he was playing with a bad knee all year long. I don't think anyone is going to argue that he is the player that he once was, but I'm willing to give him a little more time before I label him as a feeble old man trying to hang on to the game. I certainly wasn't implying that Griffey was a feeble old man. That's my recollection of Mays as he finished out his career a couple of years too late. But Griffey is but a shell of his heyday and is lucky to go 2 months, much less an entire season, without some injury affecting his performance - a sign of his age catching up with him. He has hit above .264 only 2x in the past 8 seasons. It is a shame to see someone like him finish as a below-average player and right now, I consider him to be below average.
April 14, 200917 yr Dunn was 2-4 with a 2 run Hr. Nats still lose though 9-8 to fall to 0-7:cool: Are you pinning the Nats' failures on Dunner too?
April 14, 200917 yr Are you pinning the Nats' failures on Dunner too? No. Even though he had an error yesterday that led to a run, he is doing well. Seems like he is destined to play on bad teams. I hope he does well except when playing my beloved Reds. :clap:
April 15, 200917 yr Author Griffey Jr. was 1-3 with a BB and K yesterday. The Nationals had the day off.
April 15, 200917 yr Griffey obviously doesn't have much left in the tank ... he can't hit lefties and his defense makes him a better fit at DH, even if he doesn't really hit like one at this point. I made a wager with a friend that Griffey would hit 20+ dingers this year. :scared:
April 19, 200917 yr Dunn, last 2 games 0-6 3 BB. 6 LOB Jr. last night 1-4 Dunn had a HR friday and 3 RBI.
April 19, 200917 yr Dunn had a HR friday and 3 RBI. Don't see how that's possible, considering the Nats lost 3-2 to Fla Friday night. He had the 3 run dinger on Thursday night. Edited April 19, 200917 yr by malachicrunch
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.