All State Team

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. They have 20 players in front of Ge'lawn Guyn and you have Corey Wilford who didn't make any of the 3 teams. I thought the Lexington Herald was much more accurate this time around.

It's all just a matter of opinions. I just like the Courier's better.

I disagree. They have 20 players in front of Ge'lawn Guyn and you have Corey Wilford who didn't make any of the 3 teams. I thought the Lexington Herald was much more accurate this time around.
Polson from West Jessamine was also left off the Courier list entirely. Quite frankly I would take him on my team before Ge'lawn Guyn any day of the week. He is a smarter player with much better ball skills and is deceptively athletic.

Polson from West Jessamine was also left off the Courier list entirely. Quite frankly I would take him on my team before Ge'lawn Guyn any day of the week. He is a smarter player with much better ball skills and is deceptively athletic.

Polson is a great guard and definitley deserved more credit than he got, but I'd rather have Guyn. Guyn maybe the best defensive guard in the state. Thats something being overlooked. If you look at all the big Scott Co. games he was very productive (Holmes, Franklin Co. away, LexCath both games, the 1st Bryan Station game, Lafayette, etc). He really has the whole package. He can shoot the 3 get to the basket and has a very good midrange game.

Polson is a great guard and definitley deserved more credit than he got, but I'd rather have Guyn. Guyn maybe the best defensive guard in the state. Thats something being overlooked. If you look at all the big Scott Co. games he was very productive (Holmes, Franklin Co. away, LexCath both games, the 1st Bryan Station game, Lafayette, etc). He really has the whole package. He can shoot the 3 get to the basket and has a very good midrange game.
I can't disagree with your assessment of Guyn, I would just prefer to have Polson on my team. His ball skills are argueably the best in the state. Many will agree with me that he can get to the rim any time he wants, and if you foul him he makes you pay at the free throw line. He is a one man press breaker. He proved that against Lex Cath when he put up 51 points against Catholic's 2-2-1 Red press with Beckham and Sanford on the front line. West Jess got the marquee win. That performance alone should have earned him honorable mention at a minimum. He is fun to watch and makes all his teamates better.

Guyn and Polson are very good and different players. It is just a matter of opinion which you prefer. It would be interesting to see them go against one another although Guyn has much more talent around him. What would Polson be if he had that kind of talent on his team?

Another guard that should have gotten at least honorable mention is Vance Hall of Franklin County. He was a top player on their team last season playing a very tough schedule. This kid will play College ball somewhere. He has been getting interest since last summer. He will prove himself on the AAU circuit this summer.

Another guard that should have gotten at least honorable mention is Vance Hall of Franklin County. He was a top player on their team last season playing a very tough schedule. This kid will play College ball somewhere. He has been getting interest since last summer. He will prove himself on the AAU circuit this summer.
What # was he? Hope we play you all again this coming year. :thumb: